Friday, May 17, 2024

Just Add Ink #702 | Sketch Challenge

 Hello stamping friends. Happy Friday! I hope you are having a wonderful day. I'm here today with the Just Add Ink Design Team for the new Just Add Ink Challenge - Just Add Ink #702 | Sketch Challenge. This week we have a fabulous sketch for you designed by fellow JAI team member - Lou Kitzelman.

I recently recieved a Stampin' Up! order and really wanted to create something with the Lily Pond Lane suite. I had the layers of cardstock and DSP all cut out and put together and then went to use the Charming Duck Pond Stamps and Dies and they just didn't look right on the squares. So I had to resort to Plan B. Or as I call it 'Pivoting'. Do you ever have to resort to Plan B when creating your projects?

Plan B was the Simply Zinnia Dies. They looked a whole lot better than Plan A. Beacause the pink gingham DSP was Pretty in Pink the Zinnia Flowers had to then be Pretty in Pink. Got to keep that colour coordination. Once the flowers and leaves were die cut I blended some ink on the edeges to give these items a little more definition.

In the centre of the flowers I used Lemon Lolly and Daffodil Delight to finish off the flowers. I love the soft, pretty look to the Zinnia. And yes Zinnias do come in pale colours too. Not just the bright colours that we tend to see them in.

I've finished off the card with some Linen Thread, some Pretty in Pink gems that come from the 2024–2026 In Color™ Shimmer Gems, and the 'Happy Mother's Day' sentiemnt from the Sentimental Rose Kit (which is still available online).

I do hope that I've inspired you with my card for the sketch challenge. Go and check out the design teams take on the sketch at the Just Add Ink Blog for some inspiration and then come and join in this week's sketch fun! I can't wait to see what you create.

  Click the image below to be taken straight to this week's challenge.


 Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!

Live in Australia?
Shop for Stampin' Up! with Me 24/7 HERE
 
 
Recreate this project at home using the following Stampin' Up! products.  Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.