Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Funky Folds Blog Hop #3

 Hello stamping friends. Welcome to Funky Folds Blog Hop #3. 

 We are a community for like minded paper crafters who love to make cards with funky/fancy/fun folds and to share our ideas. Funky actually means “modern and stylish in an unconventional or striking way”. We are featuring cards that are not your usual rectangle/square portrait of landscape style cards.

Each and every month the blog hops will have and 'anything goes' theme as long as your card has some type of 'funky' fold.

I've made for you today a Star Explosion Pop-Up card using products from the beautiful Stampin' Up! Country Woods Suite found in the new 2024 - 2025 Annual Catalogue. I've used the tutorial and measurements from Sam Calcott at Mixed Up Craft.


When the card is closed it looks fairly inconspicuous but when you take off the belly band and open the card up that is where the magic happens. Here on the front I've layered Basic White, Pool Party and the Country Woods DSP for the front of the card and then I've used Misty Moonlight for the belly band and added DSP, Ribbon, stamped images and die-cuts using products from the Country Woods Suite.

On the inside is a scored centre panel that all folds in neatly together when the card is folded closed. When opened the centre circle piece pops up and stands up a little off the card for that added element and dimension.  As well as using the Country Woods DSP I've also adde some of the Country Lace DSP to layer on some of the panels and used more of the products from the Country Woods suite to embellish the inside.

I coloured the floral images in using Stampin' Blends Alcohol Markers and used the same floral images on the front as what is on the inside to keep that continuity from the outside to the inside.

Stampin' Blends Used
Flowers - Light Peach Pie, Light & Dark Petal Pink, Light Summer Splash, Light & Dark Pool Party, Light and Dark Boho Blue, Light Balmy Blue, Light Lemon Lolly
Leaves - Light & Dark Mossy Meadow 
Teapot - Light and Dark Gray Granite 

I've even added some Basic White Panels on the back for you to write your message. This is such a WOW card when you open it. It's one of those cards that you hand deliver to your best crafting friend just so that you can see their reaction to when they open it.

I do hope you like my Funky Fold that I've shared with you today. I just love how it turned out especially with the use of the Country Woods Suite products. This is another amazing suite that I've fallen in love with. 

Next up is Bronwyn Eastley from Tasmania, Australia with her Funky Fold. I can't wait to see what she has made for us.

 

If you love to make cards with creative folds and would like to join in with our monthly Funky Folds Blog Hop, you are welcome to head on over to our community group on Facebook HERE to be part of the fun. 

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!

Live in Australia?
Shop for Stampin' Up! with Me 24/7 HERE
 
Recreate this project at home using the following Stampin' Up! products.  Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.
 

12 comments:

  1. oh this is just sublime - I love your colouring - totally stunning AND your attention to detail is just extraordinary - precision cutting and folding for this fantastic card. Love it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Julia! I really enjoyed making this one! It's actually not as hard as it looks either. Well worth the try! Rochelle xo

      Delete
  2. Beautiful - color palate is right up my street! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colouring Rochelle...and the fold is a real Wow effect. And as always you bring to attention products I hadn't yet realised I "needed". xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous fold Rochelle - another one for me to try! Beautifully card - love the colouring on the focal image x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rochelle! It is an awesome fold and really has a WOW effect.

      Delete
  5. Oh wow! This is certainly an explosion of loveliness Rochelle. So pretty .... and that twine threaded through the circle panel is super cute and a genius idea! Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh that's fantastic - of course I need to make this NOW! thanks for making such a gorgeous sample.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.