Sunday, May 26, 2024

CASE-ing the Catty | #CTC471 | Case your choice of Sketch from page 22

 Hello there stamping friends! Welcome and thanks for joining me on my blog today. Today I'm participating in a blog hop for CASE-ing the Catty, to kick off the new challenge for the week. If you've come here from Peta's blog welcome, if you've started here with me also welcome.

To CASE is to Copy And Share Everything or to Copy And Selectively Edit. And this week we are CASE-ing our choice of sketches that are found on Pg. 22 of the Stampin' Up! 2024 - 2025 Annual Catalogue. There are 22 sketches so I'm sure there is at least one that inspires you.

If you've been following me here for a while you'll know that I love a sketch challenge. I think because I find them the easiest of all the challenges and I usually get a whole heap of different ideas flowing so its easy to get crafting with a sketch. I also say that a sketch is more of a guide or starting point and I usually end up changing something from the sketch. I try to keep the basic design principles of the sketch but sometimes things need to be changed to suit the project better.


I was really drawn to this grid like sketch when trying to decide on what sketch I was going to use. I wanted to use one of the sketches that was a little bit of a different design as to what I normally do when creating cards and this was it.


 I've used the grid design to create my own background using strips of Basic Black and Basic White. I do love a Black and White stripe and thought that this would go perfectly with the orange colourings of the oranges from the Mediterranean Blooms DSP.  I've made a couple of projects recently with Blue and White combined with the Mediterranean Blooms Citrus images, which I love but I'm also loving this black and white colour combo with the citrus images too.

I've used a few layers of Basic White under the striped grid and then fussy cut the orange image to make it the main focus of the card. I love that with these images they are the 'star of the show' and you don't need to put much else with them if you don't want to. Me, of course, had to add some extra die cuts and some ribbon and trim. A card isn't a card without these things in my book. 


 I've layered one of the Citrus Blooms foliage die cuts, Linen thread and the Black & Very Vanilla Large Check to coordinate with the card. Can't go without that Linen Thread.

I finished the card off with a little 'Hello' banner with a ruffled ribbon edge and some Opal Rounds embellishments. This is where I differ from the sketch a little. A banner placed on the card like in the sketch just wouldn't work in my book but put on the card down a little bit is a much better placement. 

I hope that I've inspired you with my take on this sketch and make sure you check out all the sketches on Pg. 22 of the Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue. These sketches are a great way to get that crafting mojo going especially if you are in a crafting slump. Why not try an use all 22?! 

There are lots of AMAZING creations from the rest of the CASE-ing the Catty Crew so be sure to make your way around the whole hop to get inspiration from the CTC team. 

 Next up on the hop is Michelle Strazds with her amazing take on one of the sketches. Keep hopping around to see all of the design team’s creations.


We would love to have you join us over at our Facebook group to share your creation CASE-ing a project from the 2024 - 2025 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue and join in this weeks challenge. You don't need to have a blog to join in!


 Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!

Live in Australia?
Shop for Stampin' Up! with Me 24/7 HERE
 
 Recreate this project at home using the following Stampin' Up! products.  Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card, Rochelle. Love the striped background and ruffled ribbon detail; such a lovely contrast with the oranges .

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.