Monday, July 6, 2015

The Stamp Review Crew - Sprinkles of Life Edition

http://stampreviewcrew.blogspot.com/2015/07/stamp-review-crew-sprinkles-of-life.html



 It's Monday again , they come around so quickly, so that means it's time for another Stamp Review Crew Blog Hop. I'm so happy to have you here. This hop we are using the ever cute Sprinkles of Life stamp set and it has a co-ordinating punch too!! Did you know that for every purchase of this stamp set, Stampin' Up! will donate $3.00 to the Ronald McDonald House Charities. To date Stampin' Up! have donated over $1,000,000 to RMHC. WOW, Right?! That's making a difference through stamping!

For those hopping along for the first time, we are a group of International Stampin' Up! demonstrators and we have a blog hop of the first and third Monday of each month. Each hop showcases one stamp set and we like to show you lots of different creative ways to use it!
Remember, if you get lost on the hop click on the banner at the top of this post and this will give you the list of all the 'hoppers' in The Stamp Review Crew.

 I've made two cards today for the hop showing this gorgeous set and the first one is a bit of a homage to my very favourite ice cream flavour, Peppermint Choc-Chip!!!

In those summer months, when we are visiting an ice cream store, you can guarantee that I will have chosen a Peppermint Choc-Chip Ice Cream over any other flavour. I'm a sucker for anything mint flavoured!

 I used the Gorgeous Grunge Stamp Set to create my 'choc-chips' and I embossed them with clear embossing powder to give them that shiny look.


I really wanted to give the cone a golden look instead of a brown look and I got the idea from one of the Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Members, Allison Okamitsu, to stamp the cone on Water colour paper with Soft Suede ink and then to water colour it with Daffodil Delight and that gives it that golden colour.

My second creation is a sponged scene using the tree from the stamp set.


 I sponged the sky in Soft Sky Ink and the grass in Pear Pizzazz and then used some of the other elements of the stamp set to create a 'spring' type scene.


How gorgeous are those flowers and the apples??!!


Such a gorgeous stamp set and is so versatile for any occasion!

Thanks so much for stopping by. Click on the next button below to 'hop' on to the wonderful Dawn Tidd to see what she has done with this cute stamp set. Be sure to leave a comment as we all love to know what you all think of out creations.

http://tiddbitsfromdawn.typepad.com/tiddbits-from-dawn/2015/07/the-stamp-review-crew-sprinkles-of-life-edition.html
http://kittystamp.blogspot.com/2015/07/stamp-review-crew-sprinkles-of-life.html
Below is a list of all the items that I used in this project. If you live in Australia and would like to purchase and of these items used then just click on the image and you will be directed to my online store.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

23 comments:

  1. Delightful duo, Rochelle! I am a big fan of Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream too and almost made a similar cone. So your cone really makes me want one of my own! :) I love your sponged scene too! I also love how it's a panel on all the white space and the paper piercing really makes it pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet sweet projects! Love the effect of the white brick background-really makes the cone pop. Your sponging is perfect on the tree card and the accent of the paper piercing is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! Your ice cream is fabulous.....never thought of using grunge! And I love those sweet flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have a weakness for mint and chocolate! I love the touches of gold on your tree scene -- beautiful sponging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great projects, Rochelle! I love that ice cream card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, they are both so well done! Who needs to pick a favorite :) Great tip for getting the golden looking cone, thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving both cards but just have to say, you caught me a chocolate chip mint! And my second favorite to that is Rocky Road! You nailed the ice cream cone! Love the apple tree and sweet flowers as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your mint and chocolate ice-cream (great choice of flavours) with your lovely coloured cone and the brick background. You have also created such a sweet scene with your second card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your ice cream looks so good I almost licked the computer screen! Brilliant projects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, Shari! Too Funny! Thanks for your comment! Rochelle

      Delete
  10. I love the mint and chocolate too! lol These are great projects!! Thanks for sharing the tip on getting the cone brown I was wondering about that. Your second card is pretty cute I love the paper piecing touch and how you added banners with a little gold to. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love both of your cards. Yes, the ice cream is yummy - my favorite flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rochelle, your ice cream cone is delectable! I can almost taste that mint ice cream! Your shading on the cone is flawless!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous cards Rochelle! Totally love the ice-cream one even though you won't catch me eating mint choc-chip! The choc chips are so cute and really give it an extra something! Your beautiful second card is just so sweet too! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum! I love mint chocolate chip especially in the summer. Both of your cards are darling and made with lots of creativity!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.