Friday, May 3, 2024

Just Add Ink #700 | Just Add Shimmer or Shine

 Hello there stamping friends! Happy Friday! Welcome and thanks for joining me on my blog today. Today we over at Just Add Ink we have a shiny challenge for you today with - Just  Add Ink #700 | Just Add Shimmer or Shine, suggested this week by me!

I do like most things sparkly and shiny so this challenge is so fitting. Most of my cards have some sort of shiny or shimmery element, whether it be pearls, rhinestones, gold embossing, sequins, metallic paper. Today for my card I've used the new Stampin' Up! 2024 - 2026 In Color Glimmer Paper to create a shimmery, striped background.

I've used all of the 5 In Colors for the background. I just love how all 5 of the colours go so well together. They look fabulous here in my striped background. I cut the Glimmer Paper at 1/2cm and the Basic White at 1cm and then adhered them on so me Basic White cardstock.

Look how sparkly the glimmer paper is! It really is stunning! 

I've combined my striped background with a circle from the Stylish Shapes dies and the used gold embossing powder to heat emboss the large image from the Layers of Beauty stamp set on the now retired Vellum (sad). The Happy Birthday is from the Coutry Birdhouse stamp set and then I've finished the card off with a ruffle using some Summer Splash Bordered Ribbon, a piece of Linen Thread, and some In Color Shimmer Gems.

It is quite a simple card but with the shimmery elements of the Glimmer Paper you don't need much else on the card so the glimmer paper can 'shine'.

Go and check out the JAI design teams shimmery creations at the Just Add Ink Blog and then come and join in this week's shiny fun! I can't wait to see what you create.

 Click the image below to be taken straight to this week's challenge.


 Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!

Live in Australia?
Shop for Stampin' Up! with Me 24/7 HERE
 
 Recreate this project at home using the following Stampin' Up! products.  Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.