Friday, October 30, 2020

Stampin' Up! For Unto Us Stamp Set

 Hello stamping friends! I'm sharing with you a project I've recently created using the For Unto Us Stamp Set found on pg.35 in the Stampin' Up! 2020 August - December Mini Catalogue. I love this stamp set as all these words in each sentiment ring loudly in my heart as to what the Christmas Season is all about. For me celebrating Jesus and his birth on to the earth is the reason for the season.

While this stamp set is made up of just sentiments, I wanted to show you today that you can make cards with just sentiments and have them to be the main focus of your project. Not just the 'extra' finishing touch that we usually use the sentiments for.

I've kept the colours today and elements today very simple as I really wanted 'Hark the Herald Angels Sing' to be the main focus and where your eye is drawn to first. I've started the card with some base layers of Whisper White and then overlaid a piece of the oh so very beautiful Plush Poinsettia Specialty Paper. This flocked vellum is just enough to create an elegant background with the white on white. Try this amazing paper with a solid colour behind it and it will transform the paper with a new and different look.

For the centre panel I used a piece of Shimmery White, Embossed 'Hark the Herald Angels Sing' with White Stampin' Emboss Powder. Then, using Misty Moonlight Ink and a blending sponge, blended the ink over the cardstock for an ombre of that gorgeous Misty Moonlight Blue colour. Don't you just love how the white words just come through the ink? It makes for a stunning emboss resist look.

Once I was happy with the graduation of colour I die cut the main sentiment with the Stitched Rectangle Dies and then finished off the card with the smaller sentiment, some ribbon, trim and embellishments.

While this is a very clean and pulled back card for me, I love the beauty in the simplicity. Sometimes less is more as the saying goes.

I do hope that you will try to use sentiment stamps, especially larger ones, that can make for amazing custom cards.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!

Live in Australia?
Shop for Stampin' Up! with Me 24/7 HERE
 
Recreate this project using the following Stampin' Up! products.  Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.
 

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this card! It is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card! I used your technique for my Christmas card this year. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.