Friday, February 23, 2024

Just Add Ink #690 | Just Add A Fancy Fold

 Hello there stamping friends! Happy Friday! Welcome and thanks for joining me on my blog today. Today we over at Just Add Ink have a fabulous fun challenge - Just Add Ink #690 | Just Add A Fancy Fold

I do love to create a card with a fancy fold but I often forget to make them. If you want to check out some of the fancy fold cards that I've made in the past check out my Pinterest Board HERE.This might also give you some inspiration for our Fancy Fold Challenge this week.

For today I've made a fancy fold card that I've not seen before, a mirror fold card. I've only recently found it when I was reasearching on what to make for this challenge.

While the card and the fancy fold looks fairly inconspicuous when it's closed with the belly band around it. The reasoning as to why it's called a Mirror Fold card doesn't really come to light until you unfold it.

Here I've used panels embossed with the Layered Florals 3D embossing folder, which looks beautiful, but you could also use panels of your favourite DSP for an equally stunning look. The centre panel is perfect to write your message. Need additional room to write your message? You can add another panel of Basic White to the back side of the central rhombus section.

Here I've created the belly band with Crumb Cake cardstock and layered it with some Coastal Cabana Carstock and some Vellum Basics Specialty Designer Series Paper and some dies and sentiment from the Sending Smiles Stamp and Die Set. I love the boldness of the Basic Black against the Vellum and Coastal Cabana. It's very striking!

I really hope that I've given you some inspiration for our Fancy Fold Challenge. Go and check out the design teams take on this week's Fancy Fold Challenge at the Just Add Ink Blog and then come and join in this week's sketch fun! I can't wait to see what you create.

Click the image below to be taken straight to this week's challenge.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Stamping! 

Live in Australia?
Shop for Stampin' Up! with Me 24/7 HERE
 
 Recreate this project at home using the following Stampin' Up! products.  Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.