Friday, October 9, 2020

Just Add Ink #526 | Inspiration Picture Challenge

Hello stamping friends! Happy Friday! Another Friday means it's time for a new Just Add Ink Challenge - Just Add Ink #526 | Inspiration Challenge. It's a little different from our usual inspiration challenges but I'm sure there is something there for everyone to get the creative ideas flowing.

For my project today I've taken the colours from the photo and then incorporated them in for a little bit of colouring. Blues, Greens and Neutrals. I've used the Stampin' Ornate Style Stamp Set and then coloured the image in with alcohol markers.

I've started my card with a Crumb Cake card base, stamped the image with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and then coloured it with Alcohol Markers. I love using Alcohol Markers on the Crumb Cake cardstock. It just gives the colours  such a different look. The darker colours tend to work the best when colouring on the Crumb Cake, although I've used some lighter colours here today and they came up quite well. The lighter colours sometimes get lost and you can't see them as well as compared to the darker colours. 

Because the mushrooms of the original photo had an ombre look about them, this gave me a few different blue tones to colour with ranging from dark blues all the way to the very light. I love the look of all the different blues together. Pretty!

Just to give my card that little something extra I embossed the front coloured panel with the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder, added some Linen Thread, some of the 20 - 21 In Color Enamel Dots and the Thanks sentiment from the Ornate Thanks Stamp Set embossed on Misty Moonlight cardstock

While initially, I thought that there wasn't much in the inspiration picture for this week's challenge, if you look a little harder and dig a little deeper you might just find something. It isn't called a challenge for nothing.

The Just Add Ink Design Team have lots of amazing creations for you and to show you what inspired them. You'll be surprised at all the different projects we came up with. We hope that you'll join in this weeks challenge. I can't wait to see you join in and to see what has inspired you this week.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy stamping!

Live in Australia?
Shop for Stampin' Up! with Me 24/7 HERE
 
Recreate this project using the following Stampin' Up! products.  Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.  

1 comment:

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.