Monday, July 20, 2015

The Stamp Review Crew - Watercolour Wings Edition

http://stampreviewcrew.blogspot.com/2015/07/stamp-review-crew-watercolor-wings.html


 Shh!!! Did you hear that?? It's the sound of silence! My kids went back to school today after 3 weeks off for their winter break. I love having them home from school and the break from routine that we don't have to be out the door so early. But the weather these holidays was so wintry and cold (well it is winter but I was hoping for a few clear days) that we ended up being indoors for most of the time and the dreaded 'I'm bored, there's nothing to do' and me entertaining them most of the time. SO today is a perfect day to do some uninterrupted crafting and blogging.

Today is also the third Monday of the month so that means it's time for another Stamp Review Crew Blog Hop.  This hop we are using the absolutely beautiful Watercolor Wings Stamp set with matching Framelits!!! WOOHOO!  When I first saw this set in the catalogue I gasped. It is stunning! And by the looks of it out in Pinterest land everyone else loves it too!

This is also one of the stamp sets that you can recieve a discount when you purchase the coordinating stamps and accessories together, saving you 15%. Who doesn't love a saving??!!

For those hopping along for the first time, we are a group of International Stampin' Up! demonstrators and we have a blog hop of the first and third Monday of each month. Each hop showcases one stamp set and we like to show you lots of different creative ways to use it!
Remember, if you get lost on the hop click on the banner at the top of this post and this will give you the list of all the 'hoppers' in The Stamp Review Crew.


I've created a frame to put up in my crafting space because I love this stamp set so much. 
 And I've kept the colours quite simple as to not make it all too busy.


I saw an idea of some butterflies in a frame on a recent trip to Ikea with my kids during their school holidays. The butterflies then gave me an idea to do something in a frame with the Watercolor Wings Butterflies.  I love where my inspiration comes from because sometimes it's so random like seeing a colour combo on wrapping paper or seeing something in Ikea that had butterflies on it. I see Stampin' Up! everywhere.


The background paper is the new Color Me Irresistible Speciality DSP. The coloured sheets have an embossed look and then you can colour the white sheets to make the patterns pop. It is beautiful paper! That's for sure!


The butterfly in the middle I've embossed with gold Stampin' Emboss powder and then the used heat and stick powder and Gold Stampin' Glitter for the centre of the butterfly. That glitter sure does go everywhere and sticks to everything!



The other butterflies I've just used the Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder and some Gold and Silver Metallic Thread.




I really love how the frame turned out and it looks stunning sitting on top of my Ikea Kallax storage unit. For those wanting to know where I got my frame from, I picked this beautie up from Kmart (Aust.) in the Scrapbooking section. 
Now on to another Aussie, Nikki Spencer. Click on the 'Next Blog' button below to 'hop' on to her blog. Make sure you welcome her as it's her first hop with The Stamp Review Crew! 

http://nikkispencer-mysandbox.blogspot.com/2015/07/stamp-review-crew-watercolour-wings.html

http://stampinonthefly.com/2015/07/src-watercolor-wings/

Thanks for Stopping By!
Below is a list of all the items that I used in this project. If you live in Australia and would like to purchase and of these items used then just click on the image and you will be directed to my online store. 

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

23 comments:

  1. This is perfectly elegant! The gold details with the black are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this artwork! It will make a beautiful addition to your decor. Got to just Ikea as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Rochelle! I love the Color Me Irresistible DSP for the background for all the beautiful gold butterflies. Who wouldn't want this in their craft room?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn! The DSP is amazing! I'll be using a lot more of it that's for sure!

      Delete
  4. Ooh, I just bought a frame to do something similar! Love your black and gold theme, so elegant :) Glad you got some crafting time to create this beauty .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, just WOW! What else is there to say? It's so perfect Rochelle. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!! You are amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a clever chick! This is a stunning piece of art Rochelle, l love the simplicity of colour and beautiful vellum layers...It will be a lovely addition to your craft space.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Rochelle I love this and it's very striking! I agree it's just WOW lol Your so talented and I love seeing your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning, Rochelle! A work of art, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rochelle, this is a beautiful 3D project. I think we rarely thing of using stamps and cut-outs to create decorative accents. You have inspired me to buy a square frame and get "Framelit"ing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, the gold & black is so elegant, Rochelle & the completed frame is definitely lovely addition to your room. Love!
    Di :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my!! So much 'gorgeousness' in one frame. What a beautiful decor item for your craft room.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, beautiful! The two solid gold butterflies are the perfect contrast to the delicate stamped ones. This would make a lovely gift too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many wonderful details! I love the rich gold against the black background.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So elegant-looking. This is a great home décor project.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful piece of art! I like the size and that it showcases so many butterflies.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.