Friday, March 25, 2016

Honeycomb Happiness - #tgif 48

Welcome back to another challenge with the TGIF Challenges Team. Because we are at the end of the month we have our Monthly Remix Challenge.


What's the Remix All About?
The last week of the month will be our "Monthly Challenge Remix" week.  Take all of the cool challenges posted for the month, pick at least TWO of them, and create a challenge mashup!  For example, combine the Sketch with the Color challenge...get it?

I've mixed the Sketch with the Sweet Tooth Theme. I only received my Honeycomb Happiness set yesterday. I know a little late to the party right?! HA! So that set is perfect for this weeks remix. I've had a play with my new and all time favourite technique - No-Line Water colouring. I'm a little addicted to tell you the honest truth. The images from the Honeycomb Happiness set make the No-Line Water colouring super quick and easy and are the perfect images for a beginner at this technique.


I inked the image in Sahara Sand ink and then stamped it off three times so that the ink was super light. I could just see it. But that is perfect for the No-Line Water Colour Technique.


I used Blushing Bride on the ice cream and then for the cone I coloured it in So Saffron and then added the details in the cone with Soft Suede. I made sure that I wiped off a lot of the Soft Suede colour off the end of the aqua painter so it wasn't so dark.


How pretty is the Birthday Bouquet DSP?? I love the soft colours in it and goes wonderfully with the softness of the ice cream image from the Honeycomb Happiness stamp set.

I hope you have a fantastic and Good Friday and I do hope that you will play along this week. I can't wait to see what you come up with for the Remix. For all the details on this weeks challenge and to see the projects from the Design Team, click here. Remember to mention TGIF Challenges in your post.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Shop for Stampin' Up! 24/7
 Recreate this card at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see product information and to shop from my online store.

2 comments:

  1. That ice cream looks like you cut it from DSP! I would have never guessed that you colored it! BOOM! you blew my mind!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.