Sunday, March 27, 2016

Can You Case It? #113 - Colour Challenge

Hello and happy Easter Sunday to you! Welcome to another challenge with Can You Case It? I'm super happy that it's a new challenge but also a little sad as it is my last post with CYCI. I love being on all the Design Teams that I'm on and I love sharing what I love with you each week but all these commitments are catching up with me and I can't do them all. There just aren't enough hours in the day. So with that I've decided to leave the CYCI team to free up my time a little. I hope that I've inspired all you CYCI faithful followers each week with each different challenge.

So with that this challenge is a colour challenge and these colours are perfectly suited towards those creations that we make for the males in our lives.


After making my creation I then realized that the it was Navy instead of a lighter blue colour like Lost Lagoon but my card was made with little time to spare to get it in so I'm going with Lost Lagoon instead.

I've had another play with the Going Global Stamp Set and the Going Places DSP stack. I'm actually going to give this card to my hubby for our 15 year wedding anniversary next month. Don't tell him! I might put some red hearts on it as well. I think that sentiment goes perfectly with how after 15 years of marriage (19 years together all up) he still means the world to me. Aww! Can you feel the love??!!


I first did a Water Colour Wash on the background of the card on Water Colour Paper using Aqua Painters. I wet down the Water Colour Paper first and then washed some Lost Lagoon Ink over the paper. The images from the Going Global stamp set I inked up with Versamark ink and then heat embossed them with Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder.


 I've cut some banners from the Going Places DSP stack and the Neutrals DSP background stack. Its all finished off with a strip of the 1-1'4" Burlap Ribbon and a Gold Basic Metal Buttons.

 I really like this colour combo and love all the elements that go together.

I do hope that you will play along this week. I can't wait to see what you come up with for this weeks colour combo. For all the details on this weeks challenge and to see the projects from the Design Team, click here. Make sure that you mention Can You Case It? in your post.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Shop for Stampin' Up! 24/7
 Recreate this card at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see product information and to shop from my online store. 

2 comments:

  1. Love this card, Rochelle! Great way to use the colors. I love the three circles in the corner. Simple layout, but spectacular, too. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rochelle this card is absolutely stunning. Love.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.