Friday, May 29, 2015

Just Add Ink #264 - I Think You're Great


It's Friday! WOOHOO! That means a new challenge at Just Add Ink. This week is a sketch challenge brought to you by Design Team Member, Kim.


I've got some sneaky peeks for you (if you haven't see them already) ahead of the new Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue going live next week on June 2nd. EEEEKK!!! So exciting!
I'm using one of the new 2015 - 2017 In Colours - Watermelon Wonder and a new stamp set that we got at the South Pacific Convention, I Think You're Great.
The Watermelon Wonder is a bright colour, it's bold and it really 'pops' off the page. 

I've used a technique called 'Kissing' on the main image. It's an oldie but a goodie. 
I inked up the main solid image that has the sentiment 'I Think You're Great' on in and then used one of the pattered stamps from the set and, leaving it uninked, kissed it against the inked stamp. This then picks up some of the ink on the inked up stamp and leaves the image from the uninked stamp. It really is quite easy and gives a great effect. And as we were told at convention, every time you 'kiss' the stamps together you must make the kissing sound. MWAH!!


On this card the background is one of the stamps from Gorgeous Grunge. I stamped it with Versamark, pour over heat and stick powder, shook off the excess, heated it up till it became tacky and then poured over the Gold Stampin' Glitter. So sparkly! FYI that stuff gets everywhere!!!!!

Be sure to check out the other amazing creations from the Just Add Ink Design Team, those girls are just so creative!!!! Make sure you join in the fun and enter your creation! Can't wait to see what you come up with!!!

Below is a list of all the items that I used in this project. If you live in Australia and would like to purchase and of these items used then just click on the image and you will be directed to my online store. N.B. The sneak peek products are not available till 2nd June 2015

Sneak Peek Products
Stamp Set - I Think You're Great
Card stock - Watermelon Wonder
Ink - Watermelon Wonder
Other - Watermelon Wonder Dotted Lace Trim, Triple Banner Punch

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

6 comments:

  1. I like the texture of your glittery bits - must have been a quite messy process but it certainly looks great. I'm intrigued at how you got the ribbon to fold around the v so smoothly. Thanks also for your kind words over the month. It's been a great experience for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used the lace two ways Rochelle and that glittery gold background is fabulous - love the idea of using gold glitter this way! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Rochelle! I too love your glittery background and the layers of lace and softness. Just fabulous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh great to see the new colours used - the lace looks great. I love the glittery background. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of glittery gold goodness here, and I love how you've layered the new lace over your gold banner. The lace trim at top and bottom looks pretty awesome too. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That watermelon colour is so delicious and love it against the kraft CS. And love the gold glitter you've scattered, its so pretty! Gorgeous card and how lucky to get to use things before everyone else!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.