Friday, May 15, 2015

Just Add Ink #262 - Painted Petals

I hope you've all had a fun and fabulous week. I've spent mine doing a bit of creating and playing (maybe with some new Stampin' Up! products that are due to be released on 2nd June. Watch this  space to see some new goodies).

This week at Just Add Ink we have a colour challenge set by fellow JAI member Di. It's not a usual colour combo of mine but I really like it!




I've had a bit of a play with the Painted Petals stamp set. It's a beautiful set and I've only used a couple of the images from this stunning set.

To get the variation in colour I've done whats called second generation stamping. So to get the lighter colour I've inked up my stamp, stamped the image onto scrap paper and then stamped again on my cardstock and it stamps a lighter image. That way you can use one ink pad and get two different colours.

Be sure to check out the other talented Just Add Ink Design Team Members, they are a very creative lot!!!

Thanks for stopping by!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

16 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card and I love the addition of that little white butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trish! The butterfly just finishes it off I reckon!

      Delete
  2. Love this pretty creation Rochelle, Painted Petals is definitely a fave set...Love the Vellum butterfly. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nikki! I wish this set was carrying over :(

      Delete
  3. Hi Rochelle, Love this stamp set and your cute little butterfly. Chantell x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a delicately pretty card and the little vellum butterfly just finishes it off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty Rochelle! I love your two toned flowers and the vellum butterfly is just gorgeous too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is very light, fresh and elegant Rochelle! And I love the pop of the bright blooms on the top. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is stunning!! I always forget about generation stamping, you've done it beautifully with the flowers, has such a wonderful effect. And I love the dotty background paper you used, its so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could get my Painted Petals to look as good. I seem to make a mess with mine :( this is a really lovely card, and I love the dsp behind your floral layer. That little butterfly is the perfect finish! xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fresh & pretty card, Rochelle. Love the stamped panel (butterfly is so sweet), the layout, choice of papers & the hanging ribbon. Pretty much everything about it!
    Inky hugs, Di

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you've used these colours Rochelle - everyone has used them so differently. I still haven't got this stamp set yet - but the more I see it, the more I want it. They really have a lovely wispy feel.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.