Saturday, September 7, 2024

Funky Folds Blog Hop #7

 Hello stamping friends. Thank you for joining me on my blog today. Welcome to Funky Folds Blog Hop #7. 


 We are a community of paper crafters who love to make cards with funky/fancy/fun folds and to share our ideas. Each and every month the blog hops will have and 'anything goes' theme as long as your card has some type of 'funky' fold.
 
I've made for you today a Pop-Up Gift Card Holder. I had made one of these before, years ago, HERE and wanted to revisit this type of card as we come into the gift giving season. It's always nice to make something a little special to put a gift card in and 'jazz' it up a bit.

You may be thinking, "Hang on a minute, this doesn't look like a funky fold card"! And, yes the card does look like a normal card from the outside but when you open it up that is where the funky fold comes into play.

For the front of the card I cut down and layered one of the Gold Dipped Mix & Match Specialty Cards and then embossed that with the New Forever Plaid 3D Embossing Folder. I've then embellished the front of the card with the new Mix & Match Ephemera from the 2024 Sept-Dec Mini Catalogue.


When you open the card the pop-up for the gift card is revealed. On the inside I've used some of the Nest of Winter DSP and then used more of the Gold Dipped Mix & Match Specialty Cards to create the pop-up mechanism. I made the envelope for the gift card myself  but you can use a small envelope for the gift card if you don't want to make one yourself.
 

There is a panel on the back for you to write a personalise message or you could put a small note in with the gift card. 

I do hope you like my Funky Fold that I've shared with you today and have given you another idea on how to make gift card giving that little bit more special.

Next up on the hop is the amazing Andrea Sargent. She always has fabulous creations and I'm sure today is no different.

If you love to make cards with creative folds and would like to join in with our monthly Funky Folds Blog Hop, you are welcome to head on over to our community group on Facebook HERE to be part of the fun. 

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!
Live in Australia?
Shop for Stampin' Up! with Me 24/7 HERE
 
Recreate this project at home using the following Stampin' Up! products.  Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store. 
 

4 comments:

  1. What a fabulous way to use the Gold Dipped card Rochelle. This is such a fab fold and what a lovely way to dress up a gift card. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great fold for a gift card at Christmas. Love your choice of papers and the card layout. Thanks for sharing your funky fold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea using the extra dipped gold card bits and pieces for the fun fold inside! Totally gorgeous and practical too! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool!! I'm always looking for cool new gift card holders, and this one is certainly that! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.