Sunday, September 22, 2024

CASE-ing the Catty | #CTC488 | CASE a Technique

 Hello Stamping Friends. Welcome to a super exciting CASE-ing the Catty Blog Hop. We are about CASE-ing the samples from the Stampin' Up! Catalogues (Catty) with a different theme to CASE each week. To CASE is to Copy And Selectively Edit.

This week we are CASE-ing a Technique.We are taking inspiration from the techniques featured in the Stampin' Up! Annual and Mini Catalogues. Our catalogues are filled with techniques on each and every page. Some techniques we may use everytime we create something.

I was inspired by the Watercolour Techniques in the Annual Catalouge on pg.118 especially the Pencil Me In technique using the Stampin' Up! Watercolour Pencils. I've not used my Watercolour Pencils for a long time so it was so good to use them. I've combined the pencils with the Snowman Hugs stamp set from the 2024 Sept-Dec Mini Catalogue.

How fun is the snowman? I love his/her summery vibe. It makes me think of the song 'In Summer' from Frozen. Because this image is very finely drawn it lends itself a whole lot better to the Watercolour Pencils rather than the Stampin' Blends Alcohol Markers.

I've stamped the image on Basic White Thick Cardstock with Memento Ink and then coloured the image with the pencils. I then went over the coloured in pieces with the Stampin' Blends Colour Lifter to blend the colours a bit and to give the colours a bit more of a watercolour look rather than a freshly coloured with pencils look. Doing this really smooths out the colour and gives your image an even tone. You can smooth out the pencil colour too with a Blender Pen.


 I've layered Basic White and Pool Party cardstock for my base layers and added some embossed layers using the Snowflake Sky 3D Embossing Folder and the Forever Plaid Embossing Folder. I've added some Pool Party Pom Pom Ribbon and some 2024 - 2026 In Color Resin Dots for that added embellishment and then I've finished the card off with one of the pieces from the Joyful Sayings Mix & Match Ephemera.

I hope that you have been inspired to use the Watercolour Pencils techniqe a go and to use the Colour Lifter/Blender Pen to get that smooth coloured in look. 

Follow our hop by going through to visit the lovely Rochelle Laird-Smith to see what technique she is sharing with you.

 

 We would love to have you join us over at our Facebook group to share your creation CASE-ing a project from the 2024 - 2025 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue and join in this weeks challenge. You don't need to have a blog to join in!
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!
Live in Australia?
Shop for Stampin' Up! with Me 24/7 HERE
 
Recreate this project at home using the following Stampin' Up! products.  Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colouring Rochelle and I just love your colour palette. I love that you used Watercolour Pencils. That snowman is so fun! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you created this card Rochelle. The colours are so fresh, love the splatter and your work with the pencils is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.