Friday, June 7, 2024

Funky Folds Blog Hop #4

 Hello stamping friends. Thank you for joining me on my blog today. Welcome to Funky Folds Blog Hop #4 

We are a community for like minded paper crafters who love to make cards with funky/fancy/fun folds and to share our ideas. Funky actually means “modern and stylish in an unconventional or striking way”. We are featuring cards that are not your usual rectangle/square portrait of landscape style cards.

Each and every month the blog hops will have and 'anything goes' theme as long as your card has some type of 'funky' fold.

I've made for you today a Gatefold Pop-Up Card card using some of the products from the Stampin' Up! Lily Pond Lane Suite found in the 2024 - 2025 Annual Catalogue. Thank you Claire at Created the Ottaway for your tutorial.

 I was really taken by the Lily Pond Lane 6" x 6" DSP and that is the main focus of my card. I really love the floral images and patterns of the DSP rather than the ducks and fish images. I do think the ducks, fish and frogs are cute but I really love the flowers and patterns on the DSP a little bit more.

I've used the colours from the DSP as my colour combo for my card - Pretty Peacock, Pretty in Pink, Peach Pie, and Basic White. The outside I've layered Pretty in Pink and one of the DSP sheets on a Pretty Peacock card base. On that I've made a belly band to hold the card closed and layered Lily Pond Lane DSP, cardstock, die-cuts, ribbon and trim, and the Happy Birthday embossed sentiment.

The inside of the card is more of the same of layering of cardstock and DSP for a coordinated look but a change up of the DSP images and patterns. While the card is quite busy on the inside I love the mix of the different images and patterns. I love how by changing up the DSP from the front to the inside creates a whole different look. The front to the inside almost look like two different cards. The Pretty Peacock was the more dominant colour on the front where as on the inside Pretty in Pink and Peach Pie are the more dominant colours.

 When the card is opened the centre panels pop out creating the pop up effect. To write a message on the card there is a panel on the back with room for you to write something special.

I do hope you like my Funky Fold that I've shared with you today. I really enjoy making these Funky Folds and creating something a little different to a standard card. 

 Next up is Chantell Randall from Western Australia, with her Funky Fold. I can't wait to see what she has made for us.


 
 If you love to make cards with creative folds and would like to join in with our monthly Funky Folds Blog Hop, you are welcome to head on over to our community group on Facebook HERE to be part of the fun. 

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!
 
Live in Australia?
Shop for Stampin' Up! with Me 24/7 HERE
 
Recreate this project at home using the following Stampin' Up! products.  Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

5 comments:

  1. You have such a beautiful way with colour - and I love how you've showcased the other designs in the lily pond lane paper. What a fantastic fold and card! Love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another stunner Rochelle. Like you I love the florals from this DSP and you have used it beautifully in the layers of your card. A gorgeous funky fold and brilliantly handled. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I've never seen this fold before!! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. another great fold, I do love the pop out - such a great surprise

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.