Sunday, June 30, 2024

CASE-ing the Catty | CTC#476 | CASE the Sketch

  Hello stamping friends. Thank you for joining me on my blog today. I hope that you've had a fantastic week and are having fabulous day!


Today I'm participating in a blog hop for the CASE-ing the Catty Design Team, to kick off the new challenge for the week. If you've come here from  Rochelle Laird-Smith's blog welcome, if you've started here with me also welcome.


  We are about CASE-ing the samples from the Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue with a different theme to CASE each week. To CASE is to Copy And Selectively Edit. This week we are CASE-ing one of the samples on Pg. 68 of the Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue and using that sample for our challenge sketch.



I've used the sketch to create with the Country Flowers Stamp Set again, to create a floral border using the masking technique. Similar to this card HERE but more in line with our CASE-ing the Catty sketch. Same, same but different.


 To create the floral border I first stamped the floral image on some of the fabulous Stampin' Up! Masking Paper, fussy cut that out, stamped the first image on Basic White Thick Cardstock, covered over the stamped image with the masked image and then stamped over that to create the continuous line of floral images. Repeat the masking and stamping till you have the desired amount of stamped images.


 I've used Stampin' Blends to colour in the floral images. I like to use 3 Stampin' Blends to get more of a graduation of colour from dark to light but you can colour the images any which way you want.

Stampin' Blends Used
Flowers - Pretty in Pink Dark & Light, Petal Pink Light, Boho Blue Dark, Balmy Blue Dark & Light, Summer Splash Light, Pool Party Dark and Light, Lemon Lolly Dark
Leaves - Mossy Meadow Dark, Old Olive Dark & Light


 In keeping with the sketch I've used a layering of the Country Woods DSP in the bottom part of the card and an embossed layer of Basic White using the Eyelet Embossing folder, placed behind the floral boarder.

I've finished the card of with some Linen Thread, an embossed Happy Birthday, and some of the Smoky Slate Pearls.

I hope that I've inspired you with my take on the sketch and the masked floral boarder. If you haven't tried the masking technique before give it a go as it created stunning creations.

There are lots of AMAZING creations from the rest of the CASE-ing the Catty Crew so be sure to make your way around the whole hop to get inspiration from the CTC team. I love how we all have the same sketch but we all end up with very different creations.

  Next up on the hop is the lovely Peta Stephen with her take on the sketch.


Rochelle Blok - You are here

We would love to have you join us over at our Facebook group to share your creation CASE-ing a project from the 2024 - 2025 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue and join in this weeks challenge. You don't need to have a blog to join in! 


 Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!

Live in Australia?
Shop for Stampin' Up! with Me 24/7 HERE
 
Recreate this project at home using the following Stampin' Up! products.  Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.    
 

1 comment:

  1. I love how your card looks like a pretty flower box! The DSP pairs so well with the floral images.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.