Friday, May 25, 2018

Just Add Ink #410 | Just Add Inspiration

Hello there stamping friends!! Another week has come and gone and it's Friday again! New challenge time over at Just Add Ink. A fun and bright inspiration picture for you all with lots going on and lots to inspire you! I love inspiration challenges. We all have the same picture yet and everyone is inspired by something different in it and we all have different creations!


Inspiration for my card came from the pillows on the bed, the spots and dots throughout the picture and all the little touches of gold. I loved the layers of the white, pink and aqua of the pillows and that's where I started with my card using layers of Whisper White, Flirty Flamingo and Coastal Cabana. I for one am super excited that Coastal Cabana is returning to the Stampin' Up! colour range and it goes perfectly with today's picture! Give me Coastal Cabana everything!!!!


I then punched out, what felt like, a million circles (Ha! Probably only 30 really) to create the spotty background. The contrast of the Basic Black on the Coastal Cabana really makes the two colours pop and stand out! 


Then for the Whisper White panel I've used the new (available to customers June 1st) Stitched Labels Framelits Dies. I love any die with that stitching element. The stitched look just gives that extra special element to any creation and you don't have to pull out the needle and thread. Winning in my book and so much quicker than hand sewing or pulling out the Singer!


Under the stitched panel I've layered some of the Graceful Glass Designer Vellum, Flirty Flamingo 3/8" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon (Still available to purchase till 31st May), Whisper White 5/8" Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon and some of the new Black 1/8" Cord. I'm really loving layering the polka dot tulle and the black cord together and that tulle ribbon is just amazing! I'm putting it on everything lately, its super pretty and it just goes with everything!!

Make sure you check out what inspired the rest of the Just Add Ink Design Team from the inspiration picture and then come and join in this weeks challenge to show us what inspired you!  Can't wait to see your creations!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7

 Recreate this card at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

7 comments:

  1. Beautifully classic design Rochelle - I'll be CASEing this!!! Always love your work x Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha my first go at this one was a Cabana base too....I love your bold black dots, the crisp white, the gold bling & the soft pink - what a beautiful project you ended up with. I just love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just loving your stunning combination of bold spotty background, with delicate stitching details, and touches of gold Rochelle! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me at Coastal Cabana too, Rochelle. Loving your rather gorgeous dotty & stitched creation so much! D xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoah! Here l was looking for a new dotty dsp....well done you! Teamed with that pretty sentiment panel and gold sparkle it's perfection! Love this so much Rochelle! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another gorgeous card! I didn't notice the pillow in the picture, but I love how you've recreated it in paper - spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous creation as always, Rochelle. I love your polka dot coastal cabana background - I didn't even pay attention to that cushion until I saw your card. Stunning interpretation of the inspiration picture and colours, especially loving Flamingo and Cabana together.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.