Friday, May 11, 2018

Just Add Ink #408 | Colour Challenge

Hello stamping friends! Happy Fri YAY everyone! It's time again for another challenge over at Just Add Ink. We are all about pinks and greens for this Colour Challenge with the colour combo suggested for this challenge by yours truly. Pretty!!!


I've used some new products for you today that Stampin' Up! Demonstrators can preorder at this moment but will be available for customers come June 1st when the 2018 - 2019 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue goes live!

The stamp set is called Painted Glass with co-ordinating Stained Glass Thinlits, which you can get in a bundle. But because these two products are part of a beautiful Suite in the new Catalogue there are some other co-ordinating products and look stunning when you use them all together, like the piece of the Graceful Glass Designer Vellum used on my card here, which comes in 6"x6" sheets - 24 sheets: 2 each of 12 single sided designs and the Black Cord, also used here on my card.


I started the whole card with stamping the roses on Shimmery White and heat embossing with Black Stammpin' Emboss powder. I'm super excited that Black Stampin' Emboss powder is coming back in the 2018 - 2019 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue. Now I don't have to stamp in black ink and then emboss with Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder. Just stamp in Versamark and then off you go with the black embossing powder. I still had one small pot left over from when it was retired. The embossing of the images goes perfectly with the whole stained glass look of this Suite.


I used all the four colours from the challenge to colour in the roses. First starting with the lightest colour and then going over with the darker to give some depth of colour and some shading. I just picked up the colour out of the lid of the Stampin' Up! ink pad using and Aqua Painter. Really is my favourite way to colour.


The detailed circle is cut using the semi-circle thinlit from the Stained Glass Thinlits and then stuck on to a circle of the same size while at the same time trying to keep all the pieces in the die cut for a delicate and detailed look. The black sentiment and the roses hide the line of where the two semi-circles meet making it look like on circle die. I layered it on a Stitched Shapes die cut just for an added element and prettiness really.

Under the die cuts is a piece of that beautiful Graceful Glass Designer Vellum. I love that its just a small piece just peeking out but the contrast of the black lines with the Shimmery White cardstock really makes those black lines in the vellum pop.

All finished off with some new ribbon and trim - Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon and Black Cord, and the current Pear Pizzazz Shimmer Ribbon. The little and super pretty pink pearls come from the Share What You Love Artisan Pearls that you can get at the moment in the Share What You Love Early Release Promotion .

I really do hope that you all take part in this weeks challenge. There is heaps of inspiration shared from the Just Add Ink Design Team so you won't be short of ideas to get your creativity going!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7

 Recreate this card at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

7 comments:

  1. This is a stunningly beautiful card and I simply adore it. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rochelle - I really like your card! The choice of soft colors and clean & fresh design really caught my eye. I'm going to use it as inspiration for a card of my own! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, Rochelle. These colours were definitely made for your card. Love the colouring of your little roses, & the vellum looks like you've stitched the card. Gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just divine Rochelle! Your beautiful use of the colours and images have sold me on this set...C'mon Aust post! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.