Friday, May 25, 2018

Fancy Friday Blog Hop | True Gentleman Challenge


Hello there stamping friends! It's come to the end of the month and time for the Fancy Friday Blog Hop. This hop has a very masculine feel and the theme has been INSPIRED by the True Gentleman Suite from the 2018 Occasions Catalogue for us to either use the products from the suite or the rich and gorgeous colour combo of  Crumb Cake, Tranquil Tide, Night of Navy, and Very Vanilla and team them up with another stamp set. There is just one rule for this hop and one I've found very hard - No Flowers. My MO is all things pretty and flowers and all that's so lets see if I can make a card without them!

The Fancy Friday team is a group of past and present Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Members. We still love blog hopping together so have a blog hop once a month with everything fun and fancy and showing what we love!

Even though these products are on the Retiring Products list and in some markets have even sold out, here are some ideas for you for those that have a full pack of the DSP and not sure how to use it yet. Or you could use some of the card layouts and other elements to make some masculine cards maybe using just the cardstock colours from this suite or changing up the colours entirely to suit what you need.


I've made two different cards today using some of the products from the True Gentleman suite while incorporating some products from the 2017 - 2018 Annual Catalogue.


While I'm not usually a fan of masculine cards, only because they don't have enough 'pretty and sparkle' for my liking, I really like how these two cards turn out with their 'stripped back' look.


The first card I made I just cut 4 x 1/4" strips of the True Gentleman DSP and arranged them on the card front. If you really wanted to you could add the 1/4" strips the whole way up the card for a different look, that way too by you'll be using up your DSP instead or hording it #loveitchopit


The second card I started with the Very Vanilla base and flicked the brush tip of the Crumb Cake Stampin' Write Marker for some fun splatter and some more added elements than just a plain card stock layer. I then arranged pieces of the True Gentleman DSP with some Wood Textures DSP for a fun layout.


How fabulous are those True Gentleman buttons??!! Don't you just love the rich texture of them. And that Corduroy Ribbon just adds to that classic and rich textured look.


This card I teamed up the Corduroy Ribbon with some of the Burlap Ribbon and the Tranquil Tide Baker's Twine comes from the Share What You Love Embellishment Kit which is so the opposite of all things masculine but goes well with the colours of today's creations!

I hope that I've given you some more inspiration of using the products from this suite. Make sure you get your DSP out that you love and use it!! A lot of the True Gentleman Suite Products are still avaliable here in Australia so click on products below to get your hands on these products before they are all gone and it's too late!!

Next on the stop is newbie to the Fancy Friday Team, Lauren Alarid, who is part of the current 2018 Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team. If you haven't seen her work, click on the next button now to see her amazing creations! I just love Lauren's work!! 

https://craftylittlepeach.blogspot.com/2018/05/May-ff.html

Thanks for stopping by!
Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7

Recreate this card at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh Rochelle! These are both jaw droppers! I mean I literally had a jaw-drop moment just now! A-maz-ing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.