Friday, September 15, 2017

#tgifc 125 - Theme Week - Getting around

Welcome, welcome. It's time for a new TGIF Challenge with this week being a fun theme week - how to travel.

Maybe it's by land,
maybe it's by sea,
maybe it's by air - 
This week let some form of transportation be your inspiration!!!


It can be by bike, balloon, wagon, car, plane, horse, whatever your transportation heart desires. 

When scouring through my stamp sets for something transporation related, the only stamp set that I had was Lift Me Up. I haven't used the set for a while and I really enjoyed playing around with this one again and creating with it.

I first started with the water colour wash layer and really wanted the wash to have a cloud like look. I first use Stampin Up!s colour, Soft Sky for the washed background but that was too light so I went over it again with Marina Mist. Once I washed the colour on the Shimmery White Cardstock I spritzed the wash with water using one of the Stampin' Up! Spritzers. This washes out the colour a bit more and gives it a more muted look.


Once the wash background dried, I then sprayed some of the water from the spritzer in my hand and then flicked some of the water over top of the wash. When the droplets dry, they pull some more of the colour out and gives another look to the water colour wash background.


I then added the Gold embossed Hot Air Balloons, some co-ordinating ribbons and trims and the dotted some of the gorgoeus sequins from the Iridescent Sequin Assortment.


Make sure that you check out the rest of the creations from the amazing TGIF Design Team. Lots of amazing creations and lots of inspiration for you for this weeks theme. While you are there check out all the details on how you can enter your creation in to this weeks challenge. I'm so looking forward to seeing your take on this weeks theme.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7
 Recreate this card at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.