Friday, September 8, 2017

Just Add Ink #376 | Just Add 'D'

Hello and welcome! Another week down and another Friday to bring you a new Just Add Ink Challenge - Just Add 'D'.


Any thing that begins with 'D' - Daisies, Dogs, Dots, Diagonals, Dragonflies or your favourite product that begins with 'D'. The possibilities are endless as long as it begins with the letter 'D'.

I've pulled out the Stampin' Up! Dragonfly Dreams stamp set. Even though this set has been around for a little bit now it still is fun to stamp with and makes fabulous cards.


I've gone with a very neutral colour palette today - Basic Black, Whisper White and Crumb Cake with a little pop of Gold. I do love me a netural palette. While it doesn't have all those bright and fun colours to pack that punch, it has that subtle elegance with it's subtle colours.


I stamped the dot image all around the edge using Crumb Cake Classic Ink onto Crumb Cake Cardstock and then pulled out the fun black ink splatter using the Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker. Super easy to do and just adds another dimension and layer to any card.


The Dragonfly was first inked up with Versamark and then Black Memento Ink, stamped down and then heat embossed with Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder. Everything looks better with some heat embossing, right?  I love it!

I've teamed up the dragonfly with some ribbon and trim from the Annual and New Holiday Catalogue. Loving that Black and White Striped Ribbon. It's new in the Holiday catalogue. It's just stunning! I'm loving it though to use not only on Christmas creations but on everything else as well. The striped ribbon is a bit wider than what is seen here on my card today. I trimmed the edges off the ribbon so that it would be a better size for my card today. Tip for Today - If your ribbon is too wide for your creation just trim it down. 

Make sure that you check out the rest of the Design Team over at Just Add Ink for all their 'D' creations. Lots of amazing ideas and creations. Once you check out the rest of the design team come and join in for this weeks challenge. So looking forward to seeing what you create!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7
 Recreate this card at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

7 comments:

  1. Oh so fabulous Rochelle - the neutral colour theme is perfect for your bold dragonfly!!! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rochelle this is such a gorgeous, elegant card. I love your neutral colour palette with the pop from the gold mini sequin trim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfection! Your use of neutrals and details is stunning Rochelle...Sigh! You always create the most beautifully detailed and elegant cards. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning as always Rochelle! Your soft colour palate is gorgeous and I love how you've created a frame for your lovely dragonfly to shine in and you've convinced me I "need" the black and white ribbon too 😊xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my giddy aunt, Rochelle. Such an elegant creation!! Love the neutral tones with the hint of gold. Absolutely adore the black and white ribbon with the edges trimmed off - so very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning Rochelle! Your card and especially those gorgeous detail are perfect as always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've totally nailed elegant chic for this one, Rochelle. I love the combination of dots, lines, & that fab dragonfly in the centre. Really, really, lovely.
    Di :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.