Friday, April 21, 2017

Stampin' Up! Artisan Blog Hop | Oh So Succulent

Hello and welcome to another Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop. After joining Paula in New Zealand you are now back in Australia with me, Rochelle. So G'day! How's it goin'?

Today we are bringing you lots of fabulous ideas using the Oh So Succulent stamp set along with co-ordinating products from the Succulent Garden Suite.

This set has been quite popular from the 2017 Occasions Catalogue and there are lots of fabulous ideas. You just have to search 'Oh So Succulent' in Pinterest and the creations just keep coming and coming and coming! People are loving this set.

I've gone for a bit more of a dramatic look to my creation teaming the soft, pretty colours of the Succulent Garden DSP with the boldness of Basic Black. Love the contrast of the black and the softer colours.

Again like most of my creations this card started out so very differently but as I went along and was creating I swapped and changed things around to bring you this card today. I'm such a slow crafter and sometimes creating is such a process till I am happy with my creation. I swap things around so much some people could have made 2 or 3 cards to my one. I'm sure there are many of you that craft just like I do.


I've placed a cluster of the succulent images to make a type of wreath on my card. I've actually used some of the colour combinations for some of the succulents from on of the designs on the Succulent Garden DSP. Why reinvent the wheel when you don't have too? I did originally have the succulents with a black outline but that looked to harsh even with the Basic Black card base and sentiment panel. 

Love the tone on tone look or using lighter neutral colours for the image outlines.


I used the Stitched Shapes Framelits to create the wreath base. I layered the largest Stitched Shapes circle and then layered one of the Layering Circle Framelits inside it and then ran both framelits through the Big Shot both together so that you only had to die cut once.


Love that sentiment! And the font is fabulous too!


I was just going to leave the Sweet Sugarplum panel as is but I thought it looked too plain and I thought something was missing. Bring in the Fabulous Foil Designer Acetate. Love the layers of the gold dots while still letting the colour come through of the layer underneath. Gives any creation a fun and classy look without covering up the colours underneath.

I hope that I've given you another idea to use with the Oh So Succulent stamp set and for you to go and have some more fun with it.

This card was sent to my fabulous friend Chloe Evans for her birthday a few weeks ago. She makes fabulous creations too. Just one of the great friends that I have met through being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator.

Now on to the super creative and super amazing Shannon Lane in Canada!


http://crushoncolour.blogspot.com.au/2017/04/artisan-apr-2.html

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Live in Australia? 
Shop for Stampin' Up! products with me


Shop for Stampin' Up! 24/7
 Recreate this creation at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see product information and to shop from my online store.


(Australian Residents Only)

Becuse some of these items are on the Retiring Products List they may not be avaliable anymore. 

5 comments:

  1. What a fun color combo! You sure can make anything work Rochelle! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Great color combo! The colors are so great Rochelle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I craft just like you do Rochelle. Slowly! But just look at the result. I adore the gold polka dot overlay, it adds such elegance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous! I love the wreath and the colors are FAB!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.