Friday, January 20, 2017

Just Add Ink #343 | Pop-Up/Interactive Blog Hop


Hello and welcome back to Just Add Ink for 2017. We are so looking forward to getting back into sharing our creations with you and inspiring you for each challenge every week.

We thought we would start of the year with a bang and have a big blog hop for you all with the theme of Pop-Up/Interactive.

There a loads of fabulous products out there in the market at the moment for Pop up and interactive cards and aren't they all amazing!!

I've actually gone with a card that I've seen floating around Pinterest for a while called the Twist and Pop card. It looks tricky but really it isn't. Probably the most tricky part about it is to trying to photograph it. That was hard. Hopefully my pictures will show you how it works.

And again I've gone with a Valentines Day theme creation. Loving the Sealed with Love stamp set and the super cute Framelits, Love Notes.

The front of the card looks like any other card from the front. Here I've used my favourite pattern from the Sending Love DSP stack. Those little hearts are so very gorgeous but now I've used them all up finishing this creation. Insert sad face here! 



I embellished the front with a Double lot of the Stitched Shapes Framelits. Actually what happened is I die cut the larger circle first and thought it was too big for the teeny tiny, very cute envelope and then cut the next sized circle from the larger circle. I then left the smaller one in the larger one and liked the look of the double 'stitching' and left it like that.


Upon opening that's when this card goes from being a normal card to a 'Twist and Pop' card. The mechanics of the card make it so that the 'pop' up middle section lies flat inside when the card is closed and then as you open it the middle section twists and pops open.


I've decorated the inside with more of the cute heart Sending Love DSP stack and some Pool Party Stitched Shapes Squares.


And then its all finished off with one of the heart images from Sealed with Love stamp set and die cut with the Love Notes Framelits. These can be 'Popped' up too as the die doesn't cut the top and the bottom part where the outline meets the heart. So gorgeous!!!

I found the tutorial for this card on Pinterest so if you want to make it too, check it out here.

Next on to my fabulous friend, Chloe Evans. Love her and love her creations! 

http://chloscraftcloset.blogspot.com.au/2017/01/just-add-ink-blog-hop-343-no-bones.html

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Shop for Stampin' Up! 24/7
 Recreate this card at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see product information and to shop from my online store.


(Australian Residents Only)

11 comments:

  1. Great mind Rochelle - I love this style of card! And had a giggle that you commented on the photography issue too. I think you did a better job of it than me! Love your beautiful card! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super-cute, Rochelle! I love the double layer of stitched circles on the front, and all the details on your card are gorgeous, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab twist & pop card, Rochelle & such a fresh colour scheme too. Lots of lovely details too like the harts & stitched details.
    Hugs, D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome twist and pop card Rochelle! Love all the subtle details the dies add and the little love note peeping out on the front is so cute! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love all of the colours, details and layers Rochelle and being a pop & twist is such a fun interactive element...Another fab project chick! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm I can see I'm going to have to try to make one of these cards Rochelle - they are very cool. Love the bold colours. Chantell xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been meaning to try one of these cards, so thanks for the link. Your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet card, Rochelle, with a fun surprise once opened. I love the double layered stitched circles, bet you'll be doing that again in future :) Gorgeous colour choices too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous card Rochelle! Such an elegant centre surprise and I love your fresh colour combo and now will have to add that DSP to my list. And totally adore your cute envelope amongst the stitching and burlap details too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another great twist and pop card. On my list to try.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just so cool! I'm definitely going to have to try this card fold! And the colours you've used are just gorgeous together.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.