Sunday, October 13, 2024

CASE-ing the Catty | CTC#491 | Case a Sketch from Pg. 16

Hello Stamping Friends. Welcome to a super exciting CASE-ing the Catty Blog Hop. We at CASE-ing the Catty are about CASE-ing the samples from the Stampin' Up! Catalogues (Catty) with a different theme to CASE each week. To CASE is to Copy and Selectively Edit.


 This week we are CASE-ing the sketches on pg.16 of the Stampin' Up! 2024 Sept-Dec Mini Catalogue.


Do you use the sketches in the catalogues? I love the sketches in both the Annual and Mini Catalogues. They are a fantastic tool and sometimes just the inspiration that you need to get creating. I hope that they will be an addition to the future catalogues.

These are all the sketches from the Mini Catalogue. How fun are they?! I love how varied they are too. I was drawn to the one at the very top right. After I had finished making my card, I realised that I have used that very layout on a few of my cards recently so no wonder I was drawn to it. But my card was made by the time I realised so I stuck with it. If we do a CASE the Sketch challenge in the future, I'll make sure that the sketch I choose will be something completely different to what I normally do. There, I've set myself a challenge.


My card today uses the Enduring Beauty Stamp set and I've coloured  it with Stampin' Blends Alcohol Markers. I love using the coordinating masks that go with this set, but I also love colouring the image with other colouring mediums too. The Stampin' Blends won out this time. If you want to see this set being using with watercolouring check it out HERE and HERE or used with the masks HERE.


For the flowers I didn't use a standard combination of Blends Markers but used Dark Flirty Flamingo, Light Pretty in Pink and Dark Petal Pink. For the leaves I used Dark and Light Mossy Meadow. I coloured in and around the floral image with Light Pool Party so that the white cardstock blended in more with the Pool Party layer behind it.


 I've finished the card off with some embossed splatters, the Happy Birthday from the Friends for Life Stamp Set, some White ribbon from the Petal Pink & White Diagonal Trim Combo Pack, and some Opal Rounds. I love how this card turned out. It's just so pretty!

Next up on the hop is the fabulous Peta StephenBe sure to go around and give her some blog hop love.

Rochelle Blok - You are here

We would love to have you join us over at our Facebook group to share your creation CASE-ing a project from the 2024 - 2025 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue and join in this week's challenge. You don't need to have a blog to join in!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!

Live in Australia?
Shop for Stampin' Up! with Me 24/7 HERE

 Recreate this project at home using the following Stampin' Up! products.  Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful colouring and I just love those splatters of white. Lovely colour combo too xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.