Friday, December 1, 2023

Just Add Ink #681| Inspiration Picture Challenge

 Hello there stamping friends! Happy Friday! Welcome and thanks for joining me on my blog today. Wow, the 1st of Dec already. Where has this year gone! Today we over at Just Add Ink have a fabulous inspiration picture challenge - Just Add Ink #681| Inspiration Picture Challenge.

It's a bit of a fun one with all those bright colours for a fun Christmas look. The colours were what caught my eye and that is the focus of my card for today for the Just Add Ink Design Team.

I've used the Stampin' Up! Gift of Giving Stamp Set, which I also used a few weeks ago HERE. Last time I used this stamp I water coloured the image but this time I used some Copic Alcohol Markers. For such a small image it took me forever to colour it because it took me so long to figure out what colours I wanted to use and what colours I felt went together. I've never seen so many swatches of colour combinations when trying to colour an image. Do you swatch your colours first when colouring or just go straight in?

I've actually used a mix of retired, current and yet to be released Stapin' Up! products on this card. Can you pick which one is which? 

With the colours used in the image I felt that Coastal Cabana worked best as the base layers but I could have used Pool Party too. I then embossed the Coastal Cabana layer with the Snowflake Sky 3D embossing folder. Over the embossing I brushed over some Whisper White Craft ink using a Blending Brush. It's hard to see in the photo but it just gives the card a lovely soft look.

I've placed my coloured image on a layer of Vellum Basics 12" x 12" Specialty Designer Series Paper and some Basic White die cut with the Perennial Postage Dies (available January 4th 2024). I've finished off the card with some Gilded Gems, Gold Thread and the "Merry Christmas" from the Cottage Wreaths Stamp Set. How pretty are the gold embellishments with the colours in the cardstock and the Santa image. Love it!

Go and check out the design teams take on this week's Inspiration Picture at the Just Add Ink Blog and then come and join in this week's sketch fun! I can't wait to see what you create.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Stamping! 

Live in Australia?
Shop for Stampin' Up! with Me 24/7 HERE
 
 Recreate this project at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.