Friday, August 7, 2020

Just Add Ink #517 | Sketch Challenge

Hello there stamping friends. Hope you are all safe and well. It's been a crazy few days here in Melbourne with the return of tighter restrictions, cerfews and people ordered to stay at home, workforces closed down in a hope to reduce the Covid-19 spread that has been happening. I'm a bit of home body anyway, so I don't mind staying at home. Gives me more time to craft and create. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have a creative outlet while at home.

Speaking of getting creative it's time again for another Just Add Ink challenge, Just Add Ink #517 - Sketch Challenge.


This sketch is basic in its design and layout, but enough to get those creative ideas going and that creative brain working. I've gone for a Christmas card today using products from the new 2020 Aug - Dec Mini catalogue, formerly know as the Holiday Catalogue.

Most of the products used today come from the Wonder of the Season Suite. This is what is considered a Mega Suite with two Stamp and die bundles, two different DSP's, Memories and More Card Pack, Memories and More Cards and Envelopes, Ribbons and Embellishments. By getting this suite, you have all that you need to make and mass produce your Christmas cards.


My take on this weeks sketch is a little more subtle by cuting a line through all the layers to create the angled line in the card, as per the sketch. I've started with a Cherry Cobbler card base and then picked a Cherry Cobbler DSP pattern, from the 'Tis the Season 6" x 6" DSP to coordinate with Cherry Cobbler Cardstock. Over that is a piece of DSP from the In Good Taste DSP and then a piece from the Wonder of the Season Specialty DSP.  Lots of layers really make for a special look.


Next of the card is a cluster of accents to embellish the card. I've used some pieces from the Wonder of Season Ribbon Combo Pack, Linen Thread and some strips of the 'Tis the Season 6" x 6" DSP. Over that is the die cut bells from the Sounds of the Season Dies. These bells have been die cut in the beautiful new Brushed Metallic Cardstock. This Brushed Metallic Cardstock is super gorgeous and I love the ultra smooth finish that it has.


How gorgeous are these die cut bells? I'm loving them. The leaves and holly berries are die cut out and come out in little pieces. I love them still in so to keep them staying in I added some tear and tape on the back to hold these small pieces in. I mustn't have used enough tear and tape on the middle one, and one of the holly berries fell out just as I had finished the card. Oh well it has to stay that way now. I've finished off the card with some branches also cut from the Sounds of Season Dies, in Shaded Spruce and Garden Green cardstock, and some of the Wonderful Gems. The Merry and Christmas come from the Peace & Joy Stamp Set.

I do hope that I've given you some inspiration for this weeks sketch challenge and that you will come and join in the creative fun.Make sure that you check out the Just Add Ink Blog to see the rest of the gorgeous projects from the JAI Design Team. We hope you'll join us and create your own card using this week's sketch. We love to see what you make as we browse the gallery each week to see your fabulous projects.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!
Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7

Recreate this project at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry you are on restriction. We were on from March to June in Connecticut but it has since lifted. I wish it was back, though, because the numbers are rising and I don't feel safe to go out!! LOVE your beautiful card. Those dies are amazing and the whole design is stunning. It caught my eye right away!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.