Friday, August 30, 2019

Just Add Ink #472 | Sketch Challenge

Hello there stamping friends. Welcome and thanks for joining me today. I hope you are having a fabulous day! I've had a little bit of a crafty break for a few weeks as life with my family and kids took over, as it sometimes does.

This weeks challenge over at Just Add Ink is a fun sketch challenge. I love that with a sketch challenge you are free to use what ever colours and images that are inspiring you at that time. Or sometimes is a fabulous way to break out new products to get familiar with them.


I've done the latter and used some new products to get familiar with them. Is it too early for Christmas Cards? All the products used today come from the new 2019 Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalogue, which customers can purchase from come 4th September 2019.


I'm using quite a few products from the Brightly Gleaming Suite. The Brightly Gleaming DSP is full of beautiful rich and regal colours like Night of Navy, Old Olive and Pretty Peacock and touches of Copper Foil. Just all round stunning if you ask me. Also in the suite is the Christmas Gleaming Stamp Set of gorgeous bauble images and coordinating punches to punch out the baubles



I've used the Brightly Gleaming DSP layered on the angle as per the sketch and then combined it with a layer of Whisper White cardstock. How stunning is the contrast of that beautiful DSP on the Whisper White? Before layering the DSP on the cardstock, I embossed the Whisper White layer with the Scripty 3D embossing folder. The Scripty embossing folder coordinates with the script font in the Merry Christmas sentiment.


I've layered the different babbles on the front using Dimensionals to pop the baubles up, to make them look like they are just hanging there. Using tome on tone stamping and Copper embossing on Copper foil these baubles look stunning clustered together.


Wondering where the small Copper Ornament comes from? Also in this suite is the Brightly Gleaming Foil Accents which includes star, sprig and ornament copper foil accents for beautifully embellishing your projects. so pretty! Anything with metallic foil and you've got me intrigued. You had me at Copper.

While the colours in this suite aren't your tradition Christmas colours, it really does have that beautiful Christmas feel with this regal colours and the copper accents.

That's my card for today, stamping friends. I do hope that I've given you some inspiration for this weeks sketch and even some inspiration for the new Brightly Gleaming Suite from the 2019 Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalogue.

We would love for you and your crafty friends to play along. Stop by the Just Add Ink Challenge Blog for more amazing inspiration from the rest of the JAI team and while you're there check out all the details on how you can play along. Can't wait to see what you create.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy stamping!
Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7

 Recreate this project at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, your card is gorgeous, Rochelle! The copper elements are stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.