Friday, August 9, 2019

Just Add Ink #469 | Colour Challenge

Hello, hello. Welcome stamping friends. Friday has been and gone and come around again so that means its time for another Just Add Ink Challenge. Just Add Ink #469 | Just Add a Colour Combo.


We've incorporated two of the new 2019 - 2021 In Colours - Pretty Peacock and Terracotta Tile, with one of the 2018 - 2020 In Colours - Grapefruit Grove. It's not my usual colour combo but I really enjoyed using them to water colour one of the images from the Stampin' Up! Bloom & Grow Stamp Set.


By using these colours to water colour it tones the colours down for a softer look instead of that deep, rich and intense colour that these colours are. I initially wasn't going to use the Pretty Peacock to colour the leaves because it is a rich colour I thought it would be too dark, but once testing the colour with water colouring I loved the softer tone. They almost looked like the blue/green colour of some Eucalyptus leaves.


I've started with a 4" square card, cut from Shimmery White cardstcok, and then cut a piece of the Pretty Peacock to layer on the card base. I've used the Pretty Peacock 1/2" Scalloped Linen Ribbon as a scalloped edging on the cardstock and then layered the gingham pattern from the 2019 - 2021 In Colour 6"x6" DSP and then finished the square layering with another piece of Shimmery White.


The floral image was stamped onto the Fluid 100 Watercolour Paper with Black Stazon ink and then coloured in using an aqua painter. The Fluid 100 paper is beautiful to colour on and beautiful to cut too. I then finished off the card with one of the Stitched Nested Labels Die cuts, the Happy Birthday from the Well Said Stamp Set and the Well Written dies and then some gold metallic pearls. So pretty!

Click on the colour name to see all the Stampin' Up! Products in that colour

 Make sure you check out all the amazing inspiration from the rest of the JAI design team for this challenge over at the Just Add Ink Blog. Want to play along? All the details are on the JAI blog. With such a different colour combo I can't wait to see what you create!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy stamping!

Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7

 Recreate this project at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful!! Love the mix of the Gold embossing w/the Gold foil and you're beautiful coloring technique! So wish I could make mine look like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty!! I LOVE the gold embossing with the foil. You totally ROCKED this color challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.