Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Instagram Tip | Stampin' Blends Coloured Background

Hi there stamping friends! Hello and welcome to my blog. I've got a fun technique for you today. Did you know that you can make fun, colourful backgrounds using Stampin' Blends Alcohol Markers, Window Sheets, Glossy Cardstock and Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol?

I have a few simple steps for you to help you achieve this fun and fabulous technique -
1. Simply lay a piece of  Window Sheet over a piece of cardstock (to see how big your glossy cardstock layer is) and 'scribble' very randomly the Stampin' Blends Markers over the window sheet as to the size of your cardstock.

2. Using a Stampin' Spritzer, spray very generously Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol on to the Window Sheet as to where you have coloured with your Stampin' Blends.



3. Place a piece of Glossy Cardstock, glossy side down, onto the wet ink. Press the cardstock onto the ink for a few seconds and then lift up to reveal your background. Allow the ink to air dry or you can speed up the process by giving the cardstock a quick blast with your Heat Tool.

4. Adhere your background to your project for a fun and individual creation.



No two backgrounds will look the same. This is such a fun and quick technique that gives fabulous, eye catching results.


Make sure that you use your brightest colours when attempting this technique as the colours will appear muted on the Glossy Cardstock. What colours will you try?


I hope that you enjoyed my technique today. Why not give it a try for your next project? You wont be disappointed with the results.

As well as my blog here you can also see my projects on Instagram and Facebook. Come and follow me to see all my latest projects!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!

Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7

Recreate this card at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.