Friday, March 22, 2019

Just Add Ink #449 | Colour Challenge

Hello there stamping friends! Today its time for the new challenge over at Just Add Ink #449 | Colour Challenge. This week its a gorgeous colour combo using the Stampin' Up! colours - Lovely Lipstick, Gorgeous Grape and Bermuda Bay.



Click on the colour name to see all the Stampin' Up! Products in these colours

Normally when you see these three colours together you would usually think of a bright project full of these fun colours not a card that is bold and rich in colour with an intense depth to the colours used like what I've created here today.

Keeping with the colourful background techniques, I've given the sponge brayers a workout today to achieve the range and depth of colour that I got on the background layer to my card.


I started my card by gold embossing the doilies on to the background first and then working from the bottom up I covered the Shimmery White Cardstock starting with first Gorgeous Grape and then the Bermuda Bay, rolling the colour on with a sponge brayer. Just keep rolling the brayer over the cardstock until you are happy with the colour. Just remember, the more colour you put on, the darker the colour will be.


Where the Gorgeous Grape and the Bermuda Bay colours overlap it looks like I've added Night of Navy into the mix but that is just where the two colours blended together when rolling the colour on with the sponge brayer.


I splattered some water over the card to pull some of the colour out and to give another look to the card and then because I thought this card was busy enough it really didn't need much else other than the 'Happiest' and 'To You' embossed in gold and then the 'birthday' die cut, 3 times, from Lovely Lipstick cardstock and then layered on top of each other for some added height and dimension.

Just a few sequins scattered on the card and a little bit of Gold Metallic Thread and then that finishes off the whole card. This is one of those cards that is even better in real life as the depth of colour is just unbelievable.

Make sure you check out the rest of the projects from the Just Add Ink Design Team for this colour challenge. The range of creations is awesome. We all have the same colours yet we all made something different. While you are checking our projects out make sure you check out the details on this weeks challenge and then come and join in the fun! I can't wait to see what you do with this weeks colours!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!
Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7

Recreate this card at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

2 comments:

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.