Friday, June 22, 2018

Just Add Ink #414 | Just Add A Window/Frame

Hello stamping friends! Friday has come again and it's time for the new challenge over at Just Add Ink. This weeks challenge is Just Add a Window/Frame. A fun challenge that might make you think outside the 'square' to create a window or a frame.


I've used the products from Stampin' Up! s Graceful Glass Suite. This suite has that 'Stained Glass' look and feel and is perfect for this weeks challenge. I search through Pinterest for some 'traditional' colours for my 'Stained Glass' window and then coloured in the pieces of the window using Stampin' Blends Alcohol Markers.


In the traditional stained glass windows there were lots of Reds, Greens, Yellows, Blues and even touches of Pink. So the Stampin' Blends colours that I used were - Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight and Night of Navy, all in the Dark and Light colours and the Lovely Lipstick Light Marker, which I was lucky enough to pick up in Sydney at the Stampin' Up! On Stage Event held recently in April just been. The Lovely Lipstick Stampin' Blends Markers aren't available to purchase yet but as soon as they are I'll be here to let you know!


Some of the Dark Stampin' Blends Markers came out quite a lot lighter than what I expected when initially colouring each section. To get the dark colours lighter on the Graceful Glass Vellum I just kept going over each section till I achieved the colour that I wanted. To make the vellum look as much like real stained glass as I could I left some of the sections blank like it would be on a real stained glass panel.


The frame around my 'stained glass' panel is cut from the Stitched Shapes Framelits and then then inner part of the Stitched Square cut out with the Laying Squares Framelits. The pattern on the black cardstock is one of the Stained Glass Thinlit Dies. I cut 5 of the long 'gate' looking die and then adhered each die cut for a repeating pattern adding to that stained glass look and feel.

I hope you’ll pop over to the Just Add Ink Blog Site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7

Recreate this card at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

7 comments:

  1. Such a pretty and bold card :) I would love to know if you colored the backside of the vellum or just right on top?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Adrienne! Just coloured on top with the blends. Hope this helps. Rochelle xo

      Delete
  2. WOW! This card rocks! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely, Rochelle. I love your added texture, details and elements for an absolutely beautiful creation. D xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting me and leaving a comment. I love the stained glass look on your card and the use of the dark background is very effective. Hx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, the black on black looks amazing! A wonderful card x

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.