Friday, June 29, 2018

Fancy Friday Blog Hop | Colour Refresh



Hi there stamping friends! Today we are all about the new Stampin' Up! Colour Refresh.  Our challenge for today's Fancy Friday Blog Hop is to to use NEW or RETURNING colour favorites from the Colour Refresh.

 If you've not hopped with us before, the Fancy Friday team are past and present Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Members. We still love blog hopping together so we have a blog hop once a month with everything fun and fancy and showing what we love!

Have you seen the new and returning colours from the colour refresh? The new and returning colours are just amazing and they fit in so well with the colours that remained. Do you have a favourite yet?


I've got two cards today using some of my all time favourites that have returned (insert happy dance here), Mossy Meadow, Flirty Flamingo and Coastal Cabana. Don't they look gorgeous together?  As well I've added some Basic Black and Silver Elements to finish off the whole look.

You will see a lot of Coastal Cabana in this blog hop, as along with myself, this is one colour that people are super happy it has returned.


Click on the colour name to see all the Stampin' Up! Products in these colours

I felt the Mossy Meadow and Flirty Flamingo colours lead themselves to colouring leaves and flowers so I've use the Petal Palette Stamp Set as the basis for my two cards today and then used the Petals & More Thinlits and the Petal Pair Embossing Folders to accent the cards.


I originally had a whole card front stamped with the dots on the Shimmery White but felt that a whole card front full of dots was too much and then just die cut a portion using the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies.  Once the flowers and leaves were coloured it was just a matter of layering the elements together to see how I wanted each item to be arranged on the card. That's how I put 99.9% of my cards together. It's really just a process of laying the card out and the products that I want to use and then pulling out the things that I'm not liking until I happy with the card. I think the way I make cards all stems back to when I first starting paper crafting with scrapbooks and I still go through that similar process when putting my cards together.


For the second card I started with the Flirty Flamingo and Shimmery White Base and then have the white on white die cuts with the little pops of colour. The Coastal Cabana splatters on the Shimmery White die cuts just add another element and give a modern touch to the card.


I just love layering ribbon, trim and embellishments! Sometimes I have to tell myself enough! HA! And yes, I've used the Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon, again!! It just goes with just about everything! I've also used one of my most favourite techniques at the moment, leaving the pieces in when die cutting! I'm not sure it's really a technique but the effect that it leaves gives the dies so much more versatility to achieve all different looks.


How fresh does the white one white look? It really accents the little pops of colour! Sometimes with the white on white, less is more to really keep that fresh and clean look, which can be just as striking as a card with lots of different elements and embellishments.

I hope that I've given you some inspiration with my colour combo. Why don't you use it in your next cretaion and see what you come up with.

 Now to head 'across the ditch', as we Aussies say, to New Zealand to the ever lovely Susan Wong and her Colour Refresh Colour Combo.
https://stampingsusan.blogspot.com/2018/06/june-ff.html

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7
 Recreate these cards at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards! I love the colors that you chose, and you're right, perfect for the flowers in this suite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I'm totally in love now!
    Beautiful cards and color combos! Love, Love, Love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! How did you get the centers to remain in the die?

    ReplyDelete
  4. These colors and the layout are spectacular as always! Such a lovely combo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.