Friday, April 27, 2018

Fancy Friday Blog Hop | Case the Occasions Catty Challenge

Hello Stamping Friends! Welcome to another Fancy Friday Blog Hop. This months challenge is inspired by the Occasions Catalogue! Select a project and recreate it in your own way! Some of the creations that may inspire you are found on pages 6, 22, 41 and 46.

 If you've not hopped with us before we are a group of past and present Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Members. We still love blog hopping together so have a blog hop once a month with everything fun and fancy and showing what we love!

 I was inspired by the little note card found on pg 22 of the Occasions Catalogue but recreated/CASED (copy and selectively edit) it with some products from the Share What You Love Suite that will be available to customers come May 1st.



I ended up making 12 little note cards in 3 different designs and then will bundle them up together to make a cute, handmade gift. Might even be fantastic as a hostess gift for your upcoming workshop, especially through May when the Share What You Love promotion is running. I'm not sure what caught my eye about this little note card, but I really liked the layout of it.


I used the floral and leaf images from the Love What You Do stamp set but kept the same layout for each little 3"x3" note card. The Rich Razzleberry flower in the middle I stamped on to Shimmery White cardstock and then just used my aqua painted to move the ink around before it completely dried.


Each note card has a layer of the beautiful Share What You Love Specialty Designer Series Paper, a square die-cut with the Stitched Shapes Framelits dies and then embossed with the Lovely Floral Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing folder. I love the look of the embossed square die-cut and that it only shows a part of the impressions from the embossing folder.

All of the cards have the 'Thank' again from the Love What You Do stamp set. When stamping the 'Thank' covered up the You from the stamp with some washi tape so I could eliminate the you when stamping down the 'Thank'. The 'You' on all the cards comes for one of my most used stamp sets - Teeny Tiny Sentiments. I love the mixture of the two fonts for a fun and different look.

Because the cards are quite busy with the DSP, embossing and then the cut out images it really only needed the Share What you Love Artisan Pearls to finish them all off.

You could make a little box to put these cards in or just tie them together with some beautiful ribbon for a beautiful note card set.

Why don't you look through any of the Stampin' Up! catalogues and use the projects as your next inspiration for your next creation. You'll be surprised as to what catches your eye and how you can change it up to make it your own.

Now on to my fabulous friend in New Zealand, Paula Dobson with her Fancy take on CASing the Occasions Catalogue.

https://stampinantics.blogspot.com/2018/04/Apr-ff.html
Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7

  Recreate these cards at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.