Saturday, October 7, 2017

World Cardmaking Day Blog Hop


Hello and welcome to this special blog hop to celebrate World Card Making Day! We've got 19 talented Stampin' Up! Demonstrators from all around the world for a fun and creative hop.

With this hop having no specific theme I decided to finally pull out the Floral Statement stamp set and get creating and colouring with that. I've been meaning to ink up this stamp from the moment I got it when the new 2017 - 2018 Annual Catalogue when live but just haven't had the chance. So I thought today would be a good time to get this set all inky.

I inked up the stamp with the Tuxedo Black Memento ink and then used clear embossing powder to emboss over the image. Embossing over the image gives the image an added element and added texture. And I love the shinny look the clear embossing powder gives. So pretty.


Once the word was stamped and then clear embossed I pulled out the fabulous Stampin' Up! Watercolour pencils to add some colour to those gorgeous flowers. I used the Melon Mambo pencil for the flowers and the Old Olive one for the leaves. 

The way I like to use the watercolour pencils is to pick up the colour straight off the lead with my Aqua Painter and then colour in the image with the Aqua painter. If I then want the colour to then be a little darker I put some colour down with the pencil and then move that colour around on the cardstock with the Aqua Painter. I know everyone is different as to how they use the Watercolour pencils but by doing it this way I find I get the best results.

 Once I got the colour to the depth and shade that I wanted I added some Linen Thread, the leaf die cute from the Flourish Thinlits, a piece of the Flirty Flamingo Grosgrain Ribbon and a wooden emebellishment from the Touches of Nature Elements.  Just a fun layering of elements for some added interest.

The card is then finished off with the word 'Friend', from the Thoughtful Banner stamp set, embossed with White embossing powder on Basic Black Cardstock and then all finished off with a scattering of some Black Sequins from the Metallics Sequin Assortment. Love it!

Just a fun card for a fun and exciting day.

Up next on the hop is Cheryll Miller. Make sure you keep hopping around by clicking the next blog button below for more amazing World Card Making Day Creations.

https://senseofwhimsy.com.au/2017/10/07/world-card-making-day-blog-hop-2017

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7
 Recreate this card at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.
 



To celebrate Wold Card Making Day, from October 1-10th only, select stamp sets and note cards are on sale, PLUS there's an amazing deal of Fast Fuse!

http://bit.ly/2fZUdww

http://bit.ly/2fZUdww
You can see all the details for the World Card Making Day Sale in my Online Stampin' Up! Store Here (Australian Residents Only)

Make sure you get in quick before these items are all back to full price!

13 comments:

  1. Really pretty Rochelle. I love this stamp! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love this card. So classic and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your finishing touches Rochelle. I just never think to layer elements up the way you do. A beautiful project, as usual ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous Rochelle! Loving the soft colors and all the textured pretties you added to your card.
    -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I love how you combine different embellishments, I always get such great ideas for how to spruce up my cards when I visit your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This stamp is always gorgeous but I think you did an amazing job colouring. Truly stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply stunning! Love your layered die cuts and your colors are perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work, Rochelle! Thanks for sharing your talents :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The clear embossing really adds a special touch to your gorgeous card Rochelle! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful as always Rochelle! I especially love the mixture of ribbon, dies, twine, and sequins! This card has it all! Happy Belated World Card Making Day!💖

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, Rochelle! Such soft, sweet and clean beauty. Love this project! So happy I was able to hop with you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Rochelle! Simple and sweet with some extra little details! Always a joy hopping with you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card really is pretty Rochelle! I love the heat embossed gloss, the added Friend sentiment & the scattering of sequins. So perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.