Friday, October 20, 2017

Just Add Ink #382 | Just Add a Colour Combo

It's Friday! Yay! And there's a new Challenge over at Just Add Ink! Yay! We have an awesome colour combination suggested by the gorgeous JAI DT member Patrice to get you creating over the weekend.

While initially I thought this combo was a bit 'meh' and wasn't too fussed by it once I got creating though I could have kept on adding and layering and adding and layering. I really had to stop myself and say 'Enough is enough'.

Even though we have the fabulous 2017 Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalogue on the go at the moment we need to remember the sets from the 2017 - 2018 Annual Catalogue too. And that is what I've done for you today. I've stamped with the Flourishing Phrases stamp set and then used one of the sentiments the set and embellished it with the 'leaves' from the co-ordinating Flourish Thinlits Dies.


I usually make a white card with some pops of the challenge colours when Whisper White is in the colour combo but this time I'm loving the Smoky Slate as the main layer colour and the pops of all the other colours on the card.


The flourish across the Smoky Slate was first stamped with Versamark Ink and the heat set with Whisper White Stampin' Emboss Powder. I then splattered some Basic Black in across the Smoky Slate layer by flicking the brush tip end of the Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker. That fine mist of Basic Black splatter makes for a fun look and some added interest.


Once the Basic Black splatter was dry I then looked for various ribbon, trims embellishments and DSP that fit in with this weeks challenge colours. I just kept playing around with different products till I was happy with the layering of products. Sometimes there is no method to my madness. And most of the time my cards come together with left over pieces sitting on my desk from other creations. I try not to waste things. There is always a use for something.

I hope that you've been inspired by my use of this weeks challenge colours and sparked your imagination and creativity to get the creation with this weeks colours too. If you need some more inspo check out the rest of the Just Add Ink Design Team's creations and then while you're there check out how you can enter this weeks colour challenge. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7
Recreate this card at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Loving the Smoky Slate base and your trademark detailed embellishments are perfect as always. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! All that layering is just fabulous! Stunning card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going with the slate base was a great decision Rochelle! I love all your foliage flourishes, splatter and that gorgeous intricate pop of gold! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Using the Smokey Slate base was genius. I love all the little details that you have added but the spatter is just the cherry on top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning, Rochelle. Love the Smoky Slate base and the gorgeous details in your layers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of lovely little details, Rochelle. There's so much to see as you're drawn into the card. So true that some of our favourite cards include leftover bits from other projects.
    Hugs, D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you went from meh to enough is enough lol. Your card is lovely, & so feminine. I always love all the little bits & pieces you layer & add....x

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.