Friday, July 21, 2017

#tgifc117 Theme Week - Summertime Blues

It's that time again for a new  and fun challenge over at TGIF Challenges #117. Its a fun Summery Theme. With us here in Australia still in the middle of Winter, this weeks theme is making me wish desperatly that it was Summer.


The brief of this weeks theme is to let this theme inspire you however you see fit, but get at least a touch of blue in there though!!!

 The 'Summertime Blues' that I like to go to in Summer is to have a day at the beach swimming in the coolness of that beautiful water on a hot summers day! Here in Melbourne where I live we are about 20 minutes from the beach. That makes it a bit easier for a fun day out at the beach. With that I've created a beach scene using varying shades of blue from the Stampin' Up! colour families and accented it with the Color Theory Suite and the clouds from the Up & Away Thinlits Dies.

I started by die cutting the larges cloud from the Up & Away Thinlits dies out of a scrap of card stock and then used that cloud as my template for my sponged cloud background.  I just used the Stamping Sponges and the Soft Sky Ink and then dabbed some ink around the edge of the cloud template to sponge the cloud outline. You keep moving the cloud template across the card and put it in a random pattern so it looks more life like.


The next part of the beach scene and to create the water is to rip some strips of different shades of blue cardstock to create the varying colours of the water. The tears across the cardstock also look like the waves or ripples in the water and the way that the light reflects the different colours. I did sponge the edge of each piece of 'water' to with Whisper White cardstock to create the whitecaps that come to the water at the top of the wave.

Because tearing the cardstock breaks the fibres in the cardstock this also gives a more realistic look to the water and the waves across the ocean.


Its all finished off with that fabulous Adirondack deck chair and a gorgeous bright sun in the sky on a fabulous stretch of sand. And you can't have a day out at the beach out on a gorgeous deck chair and a fabulous drink in hand. That looks like pure bliss to me.  Can't wait for Summer and spending some time at the beach. Bring it! 

 Click on the colour name to see all the Stampin' Up! products in that colour

I do hope that you will check out all the other creations from the rest of the TGIF design team and their fabulous Summertime Blues. There is lots of inspiration for you to admire. Make sure you check out all the details on how to enter your creation and I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7


 Recreate this card at home using the following Stamin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card Rochelle. Makes me yearn for summer even more.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.