Friday, July 21, 2017

Stampin' Up! Artisan Blog Hop | Colourful Seasons

Hello there stamping friends. Welcome, welcome to another Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop. We are bringing you lots of different ideas using the Colourful Seasons stamp set.

You may have come from my wonderful friend Paula Dobson in New Zealand or you may be starting here with me. Either way I'm sure you will get lots of different ideas using this set and hopefully something that you haven't seen before.

Here in Australia we are coming up to my favourite time of the year when all the spring blossom starts to come out and are in full bloom. Here in Melbourne it usually starts at the end of July, beginning of August, in the last weeks of Winter. I just love all those soft, pretty gorgeous blooms in all their pinks and whites. I would love to get to Japan one day when all the Cherry Blossom are in bloom. That would be amazing!!!

 I think another reason why I love to see the blossom come out is that it means that Winter is nearly over and the warmer weather will be coming back very soon. I'm not a winter person at all. I suck it up and not really complain about it cause I think that there isn't much you can do about it but I don't have to like it.

So with all that rambling on I wanted my card today to represent those fabulous spring blossoms in all their prettiness.

To make this card I started with making a template the same size as the Shimmery White cardstock front layer and then used the Layering Circle Framelits to position and die cut out the circle to where I wanted it to be on my card.


The next step was to position, stamp and clear emboss the branches and the smaller blossom images to where I wanted them to be on the card. I laid my template over the shimmery white layer and then lined up the branch stamp to stamp it down. The same was done for the blossom stamp with the template still in place, creating the perfect mask. Here's a tip - If you don't want your template to move when stamping, stick it to your cardstock base with some washi tape. Its really easy to peel off and won't ruin your card.


The next part, with the template in place was to sponge the Pool Party Circle. I just used a Stamping Sponge and sponged the Pool Party Ink in a circular motion until I achieved the desired coverage. This is the reason why I embossed the branches and the blossoms in clear embossing powder so as not to ruin the colour of them and so as not to blend all the colours together.


Again still with the template in place I used the Berry Burst Stampin' Write marker to flick some fine ink splatters. Such a fun look those ink splatters and its fun to do to. Just make sure that you don't have other projects close by as they may get covered in ink splatters too!


To finish off this spring card I added a spray of blossoms down the side die cut from the Seasonal Layers Thinlits. I did paint on some Clear Wink of Stella over these but its really hard to photograph. I think you can see a slight shimmer. It looks so gorgeous and shimmery in real life!

Click on the colour name to see all the Stampin' Up! products in that colour

I hope I've given you some seasonal inspiration using this set. I'm now really looking forward to those blossoms coming out!!

Now on to the super amazing Shannon Lane in Canada. Now that's another place I would love to go to too!! For now it will have to be vicariously through others or through the virtual world.
Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7
 
Recreate this card at home using the following Stamin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

7 comments:

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.