Friday, March 24, 2017

TGIF Challenges #100 | Designer Spotlight - Mercedes Weber

What a massive week we have here at TGIF Challenges!!! This week we are celebrating our 100th challenge!!! 
To commemorate and celebrate this fantastic achievement we are highlighting the founder of TGIF, Mercedes Weber.


After checking out Mercedes blog and her creations I think I've channeled my inner 'Mercedes'.
The things I noticed about Mercedes creations is that she uses lots of doilies, glimmer paper, twine and thread. I loved one of her most recent creations with the scrunched up black and white stripe DSP, from the Pop of Pink pack, so that is where I thought I would start.


To make this card a bit more my own with a Mercedes feel I flicked Gold Wink of Stella over the DSP layer and then adhered that beautiful Delicate White Doily in the middle.


Next then I wrapped some Flirty Flamingo Ribbon and Gold Metallic Thread around the card layer and then added the Gold Foil Stitched Shapes circle and the Fabulous Foil Designer Acetate for some added embellishment.


I finished off the card with the big sentiment from Scenic Sayings and the 'Happy Birthday' from Thoughtful Banners. To get I shinny sheen on the 'Hey there, friend' I first inked the stamp with Versamark ink and then with Archival Basic Black ink. Once I stamped the stamp I quickly poured over Clear Stampin' Emboss powder and heat set it for that shinny look. 


All finished off with some Gold Glimmer Paper and some Black sequins from the Metallics Sequin Assortment. I hope that you like my 'inspired by Mercedes' creation and I'm so looking forward to seeing what you come up with for this fabulous challenge.

Make sure that you check out what the rest of the TGIF Challenge team have created this week. Its amazing!!

Here is a quick link to everyone's blog to see what they have done!

Carolynn Sander
 Marisa Gunn
Elizabeth Price
 Sue Plote
 Holly Stene
 Breelin Renwck
 Ashley Van Camp
 Andrea Tracy-Tucker
 Jeanna Bohanon
 Melissa Stout
 Cathy Caines
Chloe Evans

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Live in Australia?
Shop for Stampin' Up! products with me 24/7
Recreate this creation at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. 
Click on the images below to see product information and to shop from my online store.

(Australian Residents Only)


7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Rochelle! This has you and Mercedes all over it! What will you do without pop of pink!? Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holly! Will definetly miss this black and white stripe when Pop of Pink goes. I'm sure I'll find something just as fabulous to replace it ;)

      Delete
  2. Everything you make is absolutely stunning Rochelle! We are blessed to have you on our TGIF Team!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.