Friday, July 29, 2016

Just Add Ink #322 - Just Add Colour

Welcome, welcome, welcome to another Just Add Ink Challenge. This week the JAI team have a fabulous colour challenge for you incorperating one of the new Stampin' Up! 2016 - 2018 In Colours and some oldies but goodies. The colours for this challenge were suggested by yours truly! So if you have any trouble with them blame me! Ha!

I actually saw this combination from some suggestions on Pinterest for the In Colours. This one just jumped right out at me. I think its the pinks and browns that do it! They grab me every time. I'm not normally a Very Vanilla person but I really love it in this combination!


I've used the 'Love' stamp from the Scenic Sayings stamp set to created my own 'DSP' as such. The most fabulous thing about the background layer is that it is all random stamping. No measuring, no lining up, not stamp-a-ma-jig. Nothing. Its a bit like, us Aussies will know, when they sang the song on Playschool, "Put a spot over here, and a spot over there, put a spot on your ear ..." Ha! Well maybe not in your ear but you get the idea.


Some of the Love's were stamped off once first and some of them were stamped in full strenght ink. I love the gradation of colour that the ink gave either being stamped off or in full strength. It almost looks like I've used 6 ink colours not 3.

Do you see those dots of colour that look like paint drops? Those are the new enamel shapes from the Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue. These are FABULOUS!!!!! They come in 2016 - 2018 In Colours, Brights, Regals, Subtles and a pack of Metallics that includes Gold and Silver. They are so pretty, shinny and really give that something special to your cards. I LOVE them!!! 

I've given the background a splatter of the Gold Wink of Stella. I love the small drop of sparkle that it gives to your creations. I learn't a tip with the splattering today, instead of using your fingernail to flick the Wink of Stella, use the lid. Sara Douglass, Stampin' Up! CEO, did a live facebook demo on Wednesday morning and mentioned that little tip. I almost had a light bulb moment in my head when she mentioned that and did say out loud 'Of course'. If you have ever tried to flick the Gold Wink of Stella with your fingernail it leaves an unsightly brown stain around your cuticles (well it does for me) and it really looks like you haven't cleaned your hands properly, if you know what I mean! So to be able to flick the Gold Wink with out getting that brown stain is a bonus for me.


Can you see in the photo the slight shimmer and sparkle the Gold Wink gives? I think I've been able to catch a little of that shimmer in the photo and to show you the pretty sparkle. So sparkly!

Be sure to check out the inspiration from the rest of the team here and why not play along with us? Looking forward to see your creations with these colours!

Click to see all Stampin' Up!'s products in that colour


Thanks so much for stopping by! 
Shop for Stampin' Up! 24/7
 Recreate this card at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see product information and to shop from my online store.

7 comments:

  1. Love this Rochelle!! I'm totally into this repeated word background lately - this is fantastic! i might have to dust off chocolate chip and play along :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your background DSP is gorgeous Rochelle!! It's funny how mostly we try to be so precise but every now and again you realise you can just messy and it looks good too! Great theme carry through with the dies too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet Rochelle! Your background is totally gorgeous and thank you for the gold cap tip too :-) So many lovely textural details - I love how've kept all the pieces in the heart and the arranging of your lovely sentiment too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh... I thought I could do without the Gold Wink Of Stella, but now I need it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that random stamping in the background, it's so effective and makes such a fun card...Loving the gold WOS splatters too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this really is LOVEly Rochelle. The background looks amazing & the speckled Wink adds a beautiful touch (I loved that tip too). Pinning!
    D :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much I love about this card Rochelle! Your project has been highlighted on my blog today for my Pinterest Highlights! Thank You

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.