Monday, April 4, 2016

The Stamp Review Crew | White Christmas

http://stampreviewcrew.blogspot.com/2016/04/stamp-review-crew-white-christmas.html

Today for the Stamp Review Crew we want you to put your Christmas hats back on and get ready for some Christmas ideas using the stamp set White Christmas. Its a fabulous photopolymer set that is perfect for creating that winter Christmas scene.

You may have come here from Holly's blog, thanks for clicking on. Wasn't her card just so 'sweet'!

I can honestly tell you that my mind just wasn't co-operating with this one to get those Christmas ideas happening. Not sure what it was but my creation came down to the last minute to get created. It's not time for Christmas! Ha!

I did manage to get something created and I'm quite happy with how it turned out.
I originally started to using the dots image from this set to create a 'snow' background but because my White Craft Ink Pad was so juicy it just wasn't happening the way I wanted. So I went with plan B and used my ever favourite embossing folder at the moment, Softly Falling, and that was perfect to create that snow like background.

Click to see all Stampin' Up!'s products in that colour


I've used some of the images to create a bit of a winter Christmas scene on the side. It might be a bit hard to see but I've used a light Soft Sky wash at the top of the circle to create a sky and on the snow man, banner and the tree I've gone over with just a light wash of Wink of Stella. That stuff is just gorgeous with it's subtle sparkle and shine but ever so hard to photograph!


Its all finished off with some Burlap Ribbon, Crochet Trim and some Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine.


Its all finished off with some Burlap Ribbon, Crochet Trim and some Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine.

Might be a good time to start to make some Christmas Cards. Then they might be done and I might actually get some sent this year instead of just making them. Might need a new Christmas Card hashtag #imbringingchristmascardsback Ha!

Please make sure you click on below to move on to fellow Aussie and friend Nikki Spencer. And if you are following in reverse click the previous blog button to move on to the awesome Holly Stene.


http://nikkispencer-mysandbox.blogspot.com/2016/04/stamp-review-crewwhite-christmas-edition.html
Nikki Spencer

http://hollyshobbs.blogspot.com/2016/04/stamp-review-crew-white-christmas.html
Holly Stene

Remember if you get lost along the way click on the Stamp Review Crew header at the top of the post and it will give you the full list of participants.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Love your plan B! That folder is just the best! Love the layers and layout. Great card as always, Rochelle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another truly fabulous card Rochelle - I just love your style so much. I'm putting this on my 'CASE list' to copy before I give the White Christmas stamp set back :) Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you made a Christmas card with this set, it turned out beautifully :) I love the pop of red on your banner, and the subtle blue sky on the circle. And of course, the use of the Softly Falling embossing folder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun! I love all the layers and details with the flags.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love every single element you have put on this card Rochelle. It looks to me as if you have cut each and every banner - if that is the case, then that is ultimate dedication!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving those bold stripes and colours Rochelle. As always the details you've added and that cute Christmas scene make a fab card! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.