Monday, April 18, 2016

The Stamp Review Crew | Balloon Celebration

http://stampreviewcrew.blogspot.com/2016/04/stamp-review-crew-balloon-celebration.html

Welcome, welcome. Today we have another blog hop for the Stamp Review Crew. We are a group of International Stampin' Up! demonstrators showcasing one stamp set at a time, every first and third Monday's of the month. This time using the stamp set Balloon Celebration from the Occassions Catalogue. This is a fun set incorperating not only balloons as the title of the stamp suggests but some fun sentiments as well. I'm the first on the hop and I'm sure as you click along the links you will see all the fabulousness of this set.

I've done some stamping, embossing and sponging for my card today for something bright and fun.


I've heat embossed on of the images with White Stampin' Emboss Powder on Vellum. I wanted to give the balloons that see through look that you normally get with balloons in real life. So after I emboss the spotty image I sponged the ink on to the vellum so that the ink fully covered the paper when I punched it out.

I've kept my card fairly basic today and let that colour pop right of the Kraft Cardstock.


Its all finished of with some of the cloud images,the stars outlines, some Silver Metallic Thread and the 1/8" Silver Ribbon. I stamped off the clouds once first because I wanted a lighter saturation to the Whisper White Craft ink to make them look like fluffy clouds.


I hope that I've given you some inspiration to using the Balloon Celebration stamp set. On of the fabulous things about this set is that it has a matching punch - Balloon Bouquet Pnch and the stamp set and the punch are one of the 15% off Bundle and Save bundles. Winning! You can't go wrong with that!

Next on the hop is the ever wonderful Tanya Boser or if you are hopping backwards on to Shana Gaff. Just click the buttons below to hop on to either.

Remeber if you ever get lost along the way click the banner at the top and it will give you the roll call for this hop and will help you on you way.

http://tinkerin-in-ink.blogspot.com/2016/04/stamp-review-crew-balloon-celebration.html
Tanya Boser

http://stressfreestamping.blogspot.com/2016/04/the-stamp-review-crew-balloon.html
Shana Gaff


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Shop for Stampin' Up! 24/7
 Recreate this card at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see product information and to shop from my online store.

11 comments:

  1. Oh wow - great card Rochelle. I love the vellum layer and can only imagine how amazing all those layers look in real life! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card Rochelle! I love how you used vellum too fantastic idea that I will have to give a try. I love the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stamping and sponging on vellum gives the balloons such a different look - very neat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this......so sweet as they float through the clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That white embossing is lovely and you're right, the Kraft Card Stock really makes those balloons "pop"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never thought to white emboss the balloon like this. Nice lookin' . Hey! Think you and the crew can use the "wheel" stamp and show us folks what to do with it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you did your balloons on the vellum and sponged them! They look so real! They look great on the Kraft background too. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Rochelle! I'm so glad I came back to take a closer look! I didn't realize these were sponged vellum! That is genius! Really gives it the balloon look - LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great effect your balloons are Rochelle. Such a clever idea. They work beautifully on the Kraft...Love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG Rochelle! I <3 the way you made these balloons! I am going to have to employ this technique myself, and soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.