Friday, June 12, 2015

Just Add Ink #266 - Watercolour Wings


Another Friday and another Just Add Ink Challenge! Yay! I really love Fridays when each Just Add Ink challenge rolls around! Gives us all an opportunity to gt creative over the weekend. 

This week is a colour challenge brought to you by the fabulous Nikki.


Its a stunning colour combo and it has one of my favourite elements (if you hadn't guessed by now), gold!!!

I received my first order of goodies from the 2015 -2016 New Annual Catalogue on Tuesday and I had to crack this stamp set open, Watercolour Wings.
Its a two-step stamp set,which means you layer multiple stamp images to get the one image.


It may look like I've used 3 colours to get the butterfly image but in fact I've only used two. The very first layer (the lighter pink) I've used the technique called 'Stamping Off'. I inked up the base wings with Pink Pirouette, stamped the image onto some scrap paper and then stamped the image again on my cardstock without re-inking my stamp. When stamping the second time without re-inking it gives you a lighter variation of your ink colour. So if your looking for two colours that have a similar hue, try stamping off. That way you will know your colours will go together.


Did you notice the gold 'Celebrate'? This is from the new embellishments the Expressions Natural Elements. They are a 3D wood veneer greeting and they don't actually come in gold. They come in a natural 'wood' colour. I pressed the 'Celebrate' into my Versamark ink pad, sprinkled it with gold embossing powder and heat set the powder. Looks so pretty and looks even better in real life.

Here is a 'how to' on how I embossed the Expressions Natural Elements.


Make sure you check out the other Just Add Ink Design Team creations, they are fabulous always! 


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

11 comments:

  1. This is just stunning Rochelle! The 3 toned butterfly is gorgeous and I love the effect of your gold embossed celebrate and gold thread - gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jan! I'm loving this set! It's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my the night of navy details on your butterfly have real wow impact Rochelle! I love all the fabulous gold touches you added that tie it all together. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! I really love the contrast of the night of navy on the pink on the butterfly. It really works well together.

      Delete
  4. Ooooh I spy the new twine (still sitting untouched in my stash of new stuff). Your card is a beautiful balance of each of the colours this week - loving all that gold (and I'm not normally a huge fan) with just a little sparkle. Beautiful card, Rochelle. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you spotted right! Just had to use it. Thanks for your lovely comments.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous! Such a perfect balance of the challenge colours and that yummy two tone butterfly is a stunner! I can't wait to ink mine up after seeing this, such lovely inspiration Rochelle. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You totally rocked the challenge colours, Rochelle. Your butterfly is gorgeous. It & the embossed gold sentiment really pop off the simple background. Lovely! Hugs, D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving this Stamp set Rochelle. I really love all your gold elements on this card - you have used it so well, which is something I struggled with. Chantell x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much inspiration with this gorgeous card. I always forget about embossing my veneer pieces, yours looks fantastic so must give it a go. I love the way you stamped the butterfly, stamping off onto another piece of paper first is another technique I had forgotten about.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in love with every detail of this card Rochelle - it's so elegant! I love how you've inked up your sentiment to match the challenge (I wouldn't have thought of this! Thanks for the tip!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.