Friday, September 13, 2019

Just Add Ink #474 | Colour Challenge

Hello there stamping friends! Welcome! It's Friday again so that means it's new challenge day over at Just Add Ink. We have a super pretty colour challenge that just screams leaves and flowers to me.

https://just-add-ink.blogspot.com/2019/09/just-add-ink-474colour.html

I've pulled out the hostess stamp set Believe You Can that I've had for a little while now and thought it needed some ink love. I had originally wanted to use my aqua painters to water colour the images but I wasn't happy with the way the card was tuning out so I opted for the Stampin' Blends Alcohol Markers instead.


I stamped the image in Memento Black Ink on Whisper White Thick cardstock and then coloured the flowers and leaves with the Stampin' Blends markers. Once coloured in I die cut the image with the Stitched Nested Labels Dies.

Before adhering the 'thank you' image to the card, I first covered the card front with a Gold Stampin' Emboss splatter and then over that a Blackberry Bliss splatter. Over the 'splatters' I layered some of the Sahara Sand Woven Threads Trim, a piece of Rococo Rose In Colour 6" x 6" DSP embossed with the Subtle 3D embossing folder, Rococo Rose Scalloped Linen Ribbon, Very Vanilla Scalloped Lace Trim and the Mossy Meadow Linen Thread from the Magnolia Lane Ribbon Combo Pack. I just love layering different ribbon and trims that aren't 'meant' to go together.


I've finished the card off with some of the pink sequins from the Iridescent Sequin Assortment. I'm just loving the contrast of the challenge colours against the crisp, fresh Whisper White.

What comes to mind when you see the challenge colours? Can't wait to see what you create with them.

Make sure you check out all the amazing inspiration from the rest of the JAI design team for this challenge over at the Just Add Ink Blog. Want to play along? All the details are on the JAI blog. With such gorgeous colours for this challenge, what will you create? 

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!

Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7

 Recreate this card at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

3 comments:

  1. You really have a way with trim, Rochelle. It looks so cool layered together with the graphic simplicity of the stamped image. Lovely!
    Di :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, Rochelle! Your card is gorgeous! The colours on the label are so vibrant and contrast to the crisp white background so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.