Friday, June 14, 2019

Just Add Ink #461 | Just Add Inspiration

Hello stamping friends! Happy Friday! Another Friday means another new challenge over at Just Add Ink | Just Add Ink #461. It's an inspiration picture challenge. It's a little bit different from our usual inspiration but I'm sure there is something there for everyone to get the creative ideas flowing.


While you may think that this Inspiration picture is a little gloomy like Melbourne's weather at the moment, I was drawn to the yellow colour in the trees and the the grey tones. I teamed up a stamp set that you probably wouldn't go to with the yellow and grey colour combo but the Good Morning Magnolia stamp set works. I had to Google first to see if magnolia flowers come in yellow and they do! I'm not a plant/gardener person so I've got not idea about those sorts of things.Thank goodness they come in all sorts of colours!


The colouring for my magnolia is based on one called 'Yellow Bird' and again thank you Google.It has some yellow colour at the bast of the petal and then fades out to a white/creamy colour. To try and replicate this I used the new So Saffron Stampin' Blends in dark and light and added the light Petal Pink and the Colour Blender to help to blend the colours all together.


Because the magnolia image is quite large, it really is a statement in itself so I really didn't want to put much else with it. The embossed Smoky Slate layered with the Basic Gray is the perfection addition to go with my magnolia.


And then to finish the card off I splattered the Smoky Slate Stampin' Write marker for some added interest and then added the 'Enjoy Today' sentiment, the ribbon and twine from the Magnolia Lane suite and some Basic Pearls for some added prettiness. Also bringing the project all together I created a matching envelope and lined it with some of the Magnolia Lane DSP.

I hope that I've given you some inspiration from the Inspiration Picture and a different look using the Good Morning Magnolia Stamp Set. 

The Just Add Ink team have some amazing creations to inspire you and to show you what inspired them! Please hop on over and check out their challenge submissions and also of those that play along!  We would love to have you play along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!
Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7

 Recreate these projects at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.