Friday, August 17, 2018

Just Add Ink #422 | Just Choose Two

Hello there stamping friends! This week at Just Add Ink we've got one of our fun Just Add Two Challenges for you to get crafty and creative. You can choose from and use two of either Embossing Powder, Embossing Folders or Embossing Paste. These are some of my most favourite things to put on my cards and there will usually be one of these elements on most of the cards I make.


I've gone with Embossing Powder and Embossing Folders and if you look closely you might be able to spot a sneak peek at a new embossing folder coming out in the up coming Stampin' Up!® 2018 Holiday Catalogue.


I've gone with the fun Embossing Powder Splatter Technique for my Embossing Powder element. I first cut out and stuck a piece of the Delightfully Detailed Laser-Cut Specialty Paper on Crumb Cake Cardstock and then gently dusted over the embossing buddy so as not to catch on the delicate Laser-Cut paper. Then using an aqua painted I mixed some Tombow Multipurpose Glue with a little bit of water, squeezed out of the Aqua Painter, mixed the glue and the water together and then flicked the glue mixture on to the cardstock to make the splatter. I then quickly poured over the Copper Embossing Powder and heat set it with my Heat Tool, till the glue had dried completely under the embossing powder.


Once the the Laser Cut Paper and Embossing Powder Element was done I went to layering all the different ribbon, trim, DSP, Embellishments, and Embossed Cardstock Elements till I was happy with the final result. Sometimes its a slow process but I like to take my time with all the different elements until I love the way the whole card looks together.


Did you spot the new Embossing Folder? It's the Corrugated Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. And with it being one of the Dynamic Embossing Folders it will leave a deep impression on your cardstock for a fun and textured look. Watch this space as I've got some ideas going on in my head with this embossing folder and can't wait to try them out!

The Just Add Ink Design Team has some amazing creations to inspire you!  Please hop on over and check out their challenge submissions and how they used the Just Add Two Elements! We would love to see you play along with this weeks challenge.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7

 Recreate this card at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

3 comments:

  1. What a fun sounding embossing technique - I really need to give it a go! Your layers are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Rochelle - love the layering, just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Rochelle. So much to love about this card! D xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.