Friday, December 15, 2017

Fancy Friday Blog Hop | Mixed Metallics



Hello and happy Friday!! Or as I say to my kids sometimes Happy 'Fri-yay'! Such an exciting post for me today and I've been itching to share that I've been asked to join the most amazing and talented group of stampers that make up the Fancy Friday Design Team. This group is made up past and present Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Members and I'm so grateful and honoured to have been asked to join in this fabulous group. I had been secretly wishing I would be asked to join Fancy Friday and am so very thankful that I have been.

This weeks theme is Mixed Metallics and inspired by the Year of Cheer Suite in the current 2017 Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalogue. Gorgeous intricate designs with elegant foil and is perfect for those beautiful metallic projects.

I've made 4 cards today using the Year of Cheer Specialty Designer Series Paper and teamed it up with lots of metallic products from both the Annual and Holiday Catalogues.


I've actually cased myself from a card that I made a few weeks ago. I really loved the making the longer card back then and thing it works perfectly for today's card too. I'm not usually one to make New Year's cards but the DSP really lends itself to celebrating this fabulous time of the year with all it's shine and shimmer.

My cards are using parts of the fun Eclipse Technique but instead of popping up the die cut pieces of DSP (I thought that just looked to crazy busy) I replaced the DSP with the Silver Glimmer Paper. So sparkly and gorgeous and goes great with that New Years theme.





As you can see the DSP comes in 4 different single sided metallic foil patterns so I had to make a card showing each one. Super pretty! And then on the top and bottom of each card I've layered some Champagne and Silver Foil Paper for more of that gorgeous metallic look.

The 'Happy New Year!' comes from the Teeny Tiny Sentiments Stamp set and then I've finished each card off with Metallic Sequins and Silver Glimmer Paper and some Silver Ribbon and Trim from the Annual Catalogue.  I really thought that because there was enough going on in the patterns of the DSP the cards really didn't need much embellishing but if you wanted to embellish the card with more metallics there is a lot to choose from in Stampin' Up!'s offerings.

Thanks for joining me on my first Fancy Friday Post and I'm hoping to share lots more creations with you all. Now on to Dani for her metallics creation.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7


 Recreate this card at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.


2 comments:

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.