Monday, November 6, 2017

Stamp Review Crew | Eastern Beauty

Welcome, Welcome. Its the first Monday of the month so that can mean only one thing, it's Stamp Review Crew time. This time we are hopping with the Eastern Beauty Stamp set from the Stampin' Up! 2017 - 2018 Annual Catalogue.

https://stampreviewcrew.blogspot.com/2017/11/eastern-beauty.html

 If you are joining us for the first time we are a group of International Stampin' Up! demonstrators that show one Stampin' Up! stamp set at a time, every first and third Monday's of the month. Be sure to make your way around the hop by clicking the next button at the bottom of each post. If you get lost along the way click on the banner at the top of each post and that will lead you to the list of hoppers so you can continue seeing all the fabulous creations.

 It's been a while since I joined in with the Stamp Review Crew hop. Not cause I didn't want to. Any excuse to create and get crafty, right. No its only been because I didn't have any of the sets from the last couple of hops. While I would love to own each and every stamp set from each and every Stampin' Up! catalogue. We can only dream right? It's just not always possible.

http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4009899&productID=145308

I'm so very happy to be joining in on today's hop using the Eastern Beauty Stamp set.  Ive actually focused on one of the images from the set and one of the sentiments. By using this floral looking image that gave me another chance to have a play with the NEW Stampin' Blends Alcohol Markers. Yes again! I can't put them down! I just want to colour everything!! Have you seen the Blends yet or had a play with them? They are fabulous. Check them out here to see what the fuss is about!


I've used three of the darker blends colours - Night of Navy, Bermuda Bay and Cherry Cobbler, and coloured them on Crumb Cake cardstock. Yes, you can use them on Crumb Cake. I actually saw my friend Cathy Caines in a blog post last week showing them coloured on Crumb Cake and instantly loved the look!


To colour in the image I first did a very light colour of the light marker, trying not to go over the colour too much and then with a swiping type motion coloured in with the dark marker. I didn't actually blend the colour as I wanted the lines of the darker marker to be seen over the lighter marker. I felt this gave the image a little bit more texture and definition. 


To finish off each card I then splattered the Basic Black Marker over the whole card front and then  added my favourite DSP and Ribbon of the moment for a fun look. That Buffalo Check DSP and 7/8" Striped Ribbon goes with everything! Love it!!!

I hope that I've given you a different idea to use this stamp set and the Blends Markers. Now on to Stesha Bloodhart for another fabulous idea using the Eastern Beauty Stamp set!

https://stampinhoot.com/2017/11/stamp-review-crew-brings-eastern-beauty/

http://www.heartsdelightcards.com/2017/11/stamp-review-crew-eastern-beauty-review.html
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7

 Recreate these cards at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store


7 comments:

  1. These are striking cards, Rochelle. I love the Crumb Cake background with your coloring, which is gorgeous! The embellishments you added behind the sentiment are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fun cards. You could stamp a whole sheet and then cut it into quarters for four card fronts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rochelle, your coloring is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to see the same design done in different colorways! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There you go with that spattering again! It always sets your designs off perfectly Rochelle. I love these. You have used the Stampin' Blends to perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome cards! I like how they weren't quite blended gives it more of a realistic look I think. Really like to see the same design in different colors too. I've missed hopping with you too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing!!!! I love these Rochelle - stunning work! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.