Friday, August 18, 2017

Stampin' Up! Artisan Blog Hop | RMHC Stamp Set | Sharing Sweet Thoughts

Hello and welcome to this weeks Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop. We have a fun and very special hop for you with the Sharing Sweet Thoughts Stamp Set as our focus. It's super cute and super fun and it also co-ordinates with the Everyday Jars Framelits Dies set to die cut the jar and the lids.

http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4009179&productID=144051
Click on the picture to find this set in my online store

This is this years Ronald McDonald Stamp Set and it is fabulous!! Did you know that for everyone one of the Sharing Sweet Thoughts Stamp Set that sells Stampin' Up! Donates $3 to the Ronald McDonald House Charity?!! You not only get a fabulous stamp set when you purchase this set but you are also contributing to a very worthwhile cause that helps so many people in a time of great need. To date Stampin' Up! have contributed over $1,000,000 to RHMC and their network of local RMHC Chapters. What an amazing effort!!To learn more about this wonderful organisation click here.


I've really only used the strawberry image, the jar and one of the lids from this set but I've gone for maximum impact with these images. I've used the masking technique to stamp the strawberries all over the card background.

 To create a mask I first stamped the strawberry image on a post-it note making sure part of the image has the sticky backing strip on it. And then I fussy cut the image to make this my reusable mask.


Once I stamped and then clear embossed the first strawberry image, I placed the post-it-note mask over my first stamped image and then stamped over that to get the next image. You then keep moving the mask over the next stamped image and then repeating the process until you have the coverage of stamping that you want.


Once all the strawberries were stamped and then clear embossed next was to colour them all in. Using an aqua painter and some ink squeezed out of the ink pad sitting in the lid, I coloured them all in. Because I used Crumb Cake as my card base, I really made sure that my aqua painted was just damp and not to much water was coming out of the aqua painter. If its too wet when colouring on Crumb Cake the cardstock will pill and ball up, leaving a not so pleasant looking card. 


I really love all the strawberries together like that. Almost looks like jam. The gorgeous Real Red colour with the little pops of Garden Green. Super fun.

Because the card background is very busy, I really kept the rest of the card quite simple. Just a little bit more of the strawberries in a jar and the cute little sentiment from the Sharing Sweet Thoughts Stamp Set. Also simply embellished with Linen Thread, Gold Mini Sequin Trim and Gold Faceted Gems.

While the whole process of masking, stamping, clear embossing and then colouring was quite a process I really love those gorgeous colours for a fun background.

Now on to Shannon Lane over in Canada. I'm sure she will have something fun, colourful and funky made with this set. She has an amazing way of turning everything into a fabulous and modern work of art.

http://crushoncolour.blogspot.com.au/2017/08/artisan-aug-2.html


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Live in Australia?
 Shop for Stampin' Up! with me 24/7

 Recreate this card at home using the following Stampin' Up! products. Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store.

18 comments:

  1. Wow Roschelle! That's fantastic! What a work!
    I lov´ it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a work of art!! So much time to mask those and color but it's totally worth it! Beautiful job Rochelle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holly! Was a bit of effort but I think the results speak for themselves. xo

      Delete
  3. oh my goodness, first the reindeer and now the strawberries, that is a boatload of stamping and coloring girlfriend, but it's FABULOUS.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow so schön! Ein Traum von Erdbeeren! Vielen Dank für's teilen Rochelle Liebe Grüße Maike (heute mal auf Deutsch 😁)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your strawberry background! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. O-MI-GOODNESS! Rochelle this is AMAZING! I know it was a ton of work, but it was worth it! That's not a card it's a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rochelle, when you see a card like yours, one has no doubt as to why you've been accepted as part of the Artisan Design Team this year. You truly represent that elite group in a very special way. So much work went into this beautifully crafted card. Thanks for inspiring! Also thanks for enabling, because I might have never thought to purchase that stamp set or try this technique. Appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.