Friday, July 26, 2024

Just Add Ink #712 | Sketch Challenge

Hello there stamping friends! Happy Friday! Welcome and thanks for joining me on my blog today. Today we over at Just Add Ink we have a fun filled challenge for you today with - Just Add Ink #712 | Sketch Challenge. This week we have a fabulous sketch for you designed by fellow JAI team member -Jo Stubbings.


I've created a bright and colourful card for you today using the Full of Life Suite from the Stampin' Up! 2024 Annual Catalogue. I recieve the DSP from this suite at the Stampin' up! On Stage event held in March this year as my Prize Patrol prize but have struggled to find the right project to use it on till now.⁠

When creating this card I originally was going to use the reverse side of this sheet of DSP for my card and for some unknown reason I turned it over and thought this side would work better. I love how fluid crafting can be sometimes where the outcome is completely different from the origianl idea that we started with.⁠

I started the card with some layers of Basic White and then added the Basic Black and DSP Layer. Over the DSP I've used a Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker to add some splatters. Over the DSP I've layered some Linen Thread, Ribbon, Embossed Sentiments and some die cuts from the Friends for Life Dies. I've finished the card off with some Iridescent Faceted Gem.

Fun Fact - I accidentally swiped the Stampin Write Marker over the DSP and added a 3cm swipe of Basic Black ink. I nearly thought I would have to start the card over again but a very well placed sentiment covered the whole mess and you'd be non the wiser. What's the saying "There's no mistakes in crafting".

I do hope that I've inspired you with my card for the sketch challenge. Go and check out the design teams take on the sketch at the Just Add Ink Blog for some inspiration and then come and join in this week's sketch fun! I can't wait to see what you create.

Click on the image below to be taken straight to this week's challenge.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Stamping! 

Live in Australia?
Shop for Stampin' Up! with Me 24/7 HERE
 
 Recreate this project at home using the following Stampin' Up! products.  Click on the images below to see the product information and to shop from my online store 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to comment on my creations! I really love to hear what you think and will try to respond as soon as I can! Rochelle xo

In line with Data Protection legislation by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.